⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟏𝟕

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐜𝐡 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐚𝐥𝐬

sumin awoke in an unfamiliar white room, confused and frightened. she didn't know where she was or where any of her friends were. she sat up and felt a tug on her arm from iv's that were attached to her. she began pulling them all out and rushed to stand up but the ache on the side of her stomach prevented her from moving too much.

that was right... she was shot by yurim, her supposed sister. suddenly, all the events that had led up to that moment came crashing down on her. she wanted to cry but she couldn't. her eyes were dry.

"woah. woah." a voice startled her. a woman came to her side and pushed her to lay back down. "you can't take out your iv's just yet."

"where am i? who are you?"

"this is a safe place and i am your doctor. you can call me lea." the woman replied.

"i want to see my friends."

"you will. don't worry."

"how long have i been unconscious for?"

"not long."

sumin stared up at the white ceiling in silence as the woman hooked her back onto the iv's. she wasn't getting the answers she wanted and she was worried. for all she knew her friends could all be dead.

later that day, sumin was told by the doctor that she could see her friends. she followed two guards through hallways and towards a large canteen full of so many teenagers like herself.  though out of the many people, she easily spotted her friends who were making a scene in front of everyone.

"where the hell is she?! let us through!" that was haechan arguing with a guard.

"why won't you let us see her?!" renjun yelled.

"guys!" she called from the other side of the glass window catching her friend's attention.

"sumin!" mark's eyes widened and he moved towards the glass. she looked around for an entrance into the canteen but the two men that had brought her there then pulled her away.

"hey! you said i could see my friends!" she snapped at them.

"you've seen them, haven't you?" one replied and dragged her away from the group that tried to get to her. "let's go."

the dull ache across her stomach stopped her from fighting against the two men as they led her through the hallways and back to the room she woke up in. she was left inside and the door was locked so she couldn't leave. she had a terrible feeling about the place she was in and she needed to talk to her friends immediately. there had to be a reason for them being separated. 

the door to the room opened and the doctor called lea entered the room with two other women.

"alright, sumin, we want to show you something." she said, turning on a screen in front of her.

it was a video of the desert and there were people roaming around, but they didn't look like ordinary people. they were stumbling around and walking with limps. it was hard to see them clearly with how dark it was outside.

"what is this?"

"this is footage of the outside of this building." lea replied, zooming in on the people. "these are what we call cranks. people who caught the flare."