⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟑𝟓

"yurim's alive?!" jisung exclaimed. "how is that possible? we saw her die!"

"i... i killed her." jaemin mumbled, nervously glancing around the room. "i don't understand."

"i told you about how i was saved by lawrence and his men." ami began. "the same happened for yurim. in fact, i was part of the group who saved her. we arrived after wicked took you guys. we found her half dead on the floor, patched her up and brought her here."

"and that's how you know us..." chenle said.

"yes, she told me all about you guys."

"if she was with you then... what is she doing in that building?" renjun asked.

"id like to know just as much as you. one day i woke up and she was gone. i looked all over, not for a second thinking she would be with wicked. a week or so had passed by when i went back into the city and looked through the telescope. that's when i saw yurim in the window, working for wicked. i felt betrayed..."

"so that's your plan then. to use yurim to get into the building?" sumin asked.

"she's our only way in."

"do you really think she's going to help us?" jaemin mumbled.

"she's your sister, sumin. i'm sure she'll listen to you. and if she doesn't, we're taking her by force." ami said, crossing her arms.

"there has to be another way." sumin shook her head causing an uproar in the room, everyone divided with their own opinions.

"this is the same bitch that shot you." bora said.

"she was being controlled by wicked and... she's still my sister."

"she may have been controlled, yes, but look at her now. she's in that city working for wicked, working for everything we've been against." haechan cut in, shooting her a glare. "how can you possibly stand here and defend her?"

"i'm not defending her, haechan. i'm just saying i don't think it's a good idea to use her—"

"are you hearing yourself right now?" he snapped, stepping towards her intimidatingly.

"haechan, lay off." jaemin warned. the tension in the room was thick and everyone could tell something was off with the boy.

"she's working with the people who took mark from us! how can you excuse that?! we've come this far and now you're hesitating because of your dear sister?!" he kept moving closer and sumin moved back. "this is just a family issue, isn't it? what you really want is to be reunited with your sister and mother. you've seen they're working together again and now you want to join them, don't you?"

"haechan, you're crossing the line!" jeno yelled, shoving him back.

suddenly, he went quiet as he stumbled back, his breathing getting quicker. his eyes frantically flickered around the room at his friends that were staring at him in disbelief and then his eyes landed on sumin who was in tears. a wave of regret had quickly washed over him.

"i'm sorry. i'm so sorry." he hurried out of the room.

"don't tell me..." chenle said, breaking the silence. "h-he can't be..."

sumin didn't say anything as she rushed out of the room after haechan. it didn't take her long to find him outside with his knees curled up to his chest. when he heard her footsteps, he wiped at his face to hide his tears.

"i'm sorry, sumin. i promise i didn't mean any of that."

"i know, i know." she replied, sitting beside him. "please, haechan, tell me it's not true. tell me you're not infected."