⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟏𝟔

"sumin, i'm scared."

the brunette turned to yurim who was helping her gather weapons from the storage room.

"there's nothing wrong with being scared. i'm scared too, but we need to do this. we'll get out of here. don't worry." she rubbed the younger girl's shoulder.

"i had more dreams. i remember more stuff." yurim told her. "i think... i think we are sisters."

"what?" sumin nearly tripped over one of the spears laid out on the floor.

"we were really close before the glade. you'd call me yuri and i called you minnie." she paused. "the first thing jaemin said when he saw me was that we look alike..."

sumin couldn't deny that the two girls looked similar. it could be true, they could really be sisters. but she didn't know how to feel. yurim only came to the glade a few days ago and with them not having their full memory, they were like strangers to each other.

however, sumin was determined to escape the maze with yurim and get back their memory. if yurim really was her sister then she would be ecstatic. she wouldn't feel alone anymore.

"we're going to get out of here together." sumin wrapped her arms around the girl. "even if we aren't truly sisters, i'll treat you like one. we have each other now."

"sumin! yurim!" mark called from outside.

"alright, let's go."

"is that everything?" jaemin asked, handing out the weapons the two girls brought to the doors.

"all that was left."

"are we missing anyone?" haechan asked as he did a quick head count. he began to panic and look around. "renjun! where's renjun?"

"i'm here!" the shorter replied, rushing over to the group.

"where were you?!"

"you told me to get food from the kitchen." he said with furrowed brows.

"oh... i did." haechan mumbled, his cheeks turning red from embarrassment. "okay. i think that's everyone."

getting past the rest of the gladers was easy. there were fewer of them than the group going into the maze so a fight was useless. they tried to convince the remaining gladers but it was futile so the group entered the maze. 

jeno ran at the front, leading them through the maze. sumin and jisung stayed at the back beside jaemin in case he needed help. he was still in some pain from the griever sting and it had tired his body out. even though jeno had also gotten stung, he received the cure almost immediately so he was fine.

it didn't take the group long to arrive at section seven where the supposed exit to the maze was. they hid against the wall and mark peered around the corner to see if it was safe.

"grievers." he told them.

"sumin, take this." jeno handed her the device that led them there. "jaemin and yurim stick with her and stay behind the rest of us."

"got it."

"we all need to stay close together, don't break formation for even a second. when we reach the door, it'll activate and open. that's our way out. you ready?" mark said and everyone nodded. "go! go! go!"

the group ran down the path and towards the griever that was guarding the door. spears were thrown and screams filled the air as they fought the griever off. someone was killed almost immediately but no one had time to acknowledge the death.

"yurim, stay behind me!" sumin pulled the girl towards her when a claw reached for her. she thought she had pulled her away in time, but the claw had caught the back of her clothes and tugged her towards the edge of the path. "yurim!"