⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟑𝟑

sumin had proposed a plan to kun, doyoung and taeil but was immediately shut down. runa had told them about a city that wicked was going towards and so sumin decided if the right arm headed there they could find mark and save him.

"please, kun! just think about it." sumin pleaded, showing him the map she had found.

"a city? you want us to go to some unknown city? we don't know what's there. it's too dangerous." he replied, turning away.

"i know about that city." taeyong spoke up. "i've been there. it's called the last city. it's their whole base of operations. that's the last place anyone would want to go. kun is right. it's too dangerous."

"we've hit wicked once. we can do it again." renjun said.

"with six months worth of planning. we had to gather so much information and find the perfect moment. we don't have any of that now. you can't expect us to just storm into some city all for mark!" doyoung said, slamming his hand on the table.

"look, we get it. he's your friend but we have over a hundred kids here now. you can't ask us to risk their safety again for one person." taeil said, softly. "i'm sorry but it's not possible."

from the corner of the room, the radio began to make static noises and then a voice spoke followed by whirring from aircraft's.

"a is completed. scanning b-sector now."

"shit. hit the lights." taeyong said and chenle rushed to turn off the generator.

all the lights in the base were shut off and anyone outside ran to hide as bergs flew over, looking for signs of the right arm. sumin looked out the window at the bergs and at that moment, she knew the right arm couldn't risk going after wicked but that didn't mean she'd stop there.

"you're right. we need to get to the safe haven before they find us. we can't risk everything again." sumin said, making her friends look at her with questioning glances. they knew she wasn't one to give up yet she walked out the building, seemingly giving up.

jeno was quick to follow her and the rest of the gladers, suspicious of the two, also followed. 

"what are you planning?" he asked.

"nothing."

"i'm not stupid. you told me you were going to go after mark no matter what so obviously the right arm disagreeing with you won't stop you. so what's the plan?"

"and if you think you can exclude the rest of us, you're wrong." jisung's voice surprised them as they hadn't realised the others were behind them.

"so tell us, sumin. what's the plan to save mark?" jaemin asked and she thought for a moment.

"we need a truck, food and any other resources we'll need for over a week." she said. "get those and then meet me by the entrance of the base."

"where are you going?"

"just to get some extra stuff." she replied and made her way to the ship where her room was.

there was already two packed bags hidden under her bed that she pulled out and threw onto her back. that was all she needed and then she was heading over to the bases entrance to meet the others.

"you ready?" haechan questioned and she dropped the bags into the back seats with a loud clank. "what are those?"

"guns and ammo." she replied, getting into the passenger seat beside jaemin who was going to be driving.

"and where the hell did you get those from?" jisung asked, surprised.

"i've been slowly stealing things from the storage room every month so no one would notice. i had to be ready for a back up plan if things didn't go right."