⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟏𝟒

mark's decision to throw renjun into the slammer was carried out and sumin, of course, felt bad for him. she remembered being put in the slammer for less than an hour and it was terrible. they were already stuck in the glade so being locked up in a tiny makeshift jail was suffocating.

"where are you going?" haechan asked when he caught her walking around at night.

"nowhere." she muttered.

"sneaking around at night? you have me concerned."

"go away, haechan."

"hey, hey." he took hold of her wrist, softly to not aggravate her wounds. "i apologise for my behaviour earlier but it was all in the heat of the moment."

"you implied i can't be trusted and that this was my fault. that hurt more than jeno's hardcore training i went through for a week." she said and he sighed, guilt overwhelming him.

"sumin, i promise i didn't mean it. i was just upset because of jaemin getting stung and then renjun was getting on my nerves."

"renjun hasn't done anything to you. i don't get it." she pulled her wrist from him. "i have to go."

"okay, okay!" he placed his hands on her shoulders. "what do you want me to? do you want me to be nicer to renjun? i'll do it. just be my friend again."

"i never stopped being your friend, shank." she punched his arm. "but you were being a slinthead."

"you're right, you're so right. i was being a slinthead. please forgive me." he held his hands together, begging her.

"i forgive you." she patted his hands. "we'll talk more tomorrow. good night, haechan."

"you're going to see renjun, aren't you?" he asked and she groaned. "okay, fine. i'll leave you and your boyfriend alone."

"haechan!" she exclaimed and he ran away as she picked up a stick to throw at him.

when he was out of sight, she continued on her way to the slammer. someone was already standing by it and from their tall figure she could tell it was jisung.

"jisung? what are you doing here?"

"brought bread for the greenie. didn't want him to starve all night." he replied. "i'm going now. night."

"night." she replied and then sat down by the slammer. "hey, renjun. that was nice of jisung."

"yeah... him and you seem to be the only ones that like... or tolerate me." he said.

"i don't think that's true. mark and chenle are fine with you. i feel like jaemin would be as well if he was conscious." she reassured him.

"i guess. but jeno and haechan definitely don't like me."

"oh, don't you worry. haechan can be swayed with my help. jeno... there probably isn't any hope for him. he's an asshole to me and you. that's just how he is." she sighed, pulling her knees up to her chest.

"he saved you in the maze."

"only because everyone would hate him if he didn't. let's not talk about him. he's so annoying."

"shouldn't you go sleep? you have to be up early to go into the maze." he said as he tried to get a look at her face even though it was too dark.

"you as well."

"i'm not allowed into the maze."

"you heard mark earlier. you're a runner now." she reached through the wooden bars and poked his forehead. "hey. one more question and then i'll go. how close do you think we were before all of this?"