⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟑𝟔

"are you ready? sumin? hello." renjun shook his hand in front of the dazed girl.

"huh? sorry. what did you say?" she turned to him, her head clouded with hundreds of thoughts.

"i asked if you're ready." he repeated, looking at her with concerned eyes. "what's wrong, sumin? is it haechan? or... you're still unsure about getting yurim?"

"both. i can't believe haechan isn't immune." she said with a quiet and vulnerable tone. "i assumed that everyone in the mazes would be immune but then jisung got infected and now haechan."

"yes, jisung got infected, but he's better now. look at him." the two glanced at jisung who was arguing with chenle about something. "he's not sick anymore. he may be running on limited time but for now, he's fine. like taeil did with my blood, we can make another antidote for haechan."

"but when? we're on a mission to save mark. the infection is spreading fast, renjun. i saw it." she grimaced, remembering the sight of the blue veins that went further than just his ankle. "when exactly will we find the time to treat haechan? what if saving mark means we lose haechan?"

"we won't lose him. we'll figure it out, i promise. all of us will make it to the safe haven together."

sumin's gaze softened. renjun had no idea of haechan's feelings for him and he'd probably never know. it pained her. she just wanted the best for everyone.

"yeah. i hope so."

"let's go then, yeah?" he softly patted her knee and they got up to meet the others at the manhole.

this time they had decided jeno, jaemin and sumin were going to go into the city. sumin would be the bait to lure yurim and then jeno and jaemin would grab her.

they entered through the sewers and made into the city, waiting for the right time to act. ami knew what yurim's schedule was like. she had been watching her for a while and knew that she'd be heading towards the train station soon. jeno and jaemin would wait in an empty area while sumin would lead yurim there. ami would be watching from afar in case anything went wrong.

"okay, be careful." jaemin said when it was time to split up.

"i will." sumin replied, peering around the corner of the wall they were hiding behind. she took a deep breath, trying to calm herself before she went into the crowd.

"hey." jeno called out to her, averting her attention to him. "you can do this. it'll be fine."

"yeah." she nodded. "see you in a bit."

she disappeared into the crowd, pulling her hood over her head. she could see yurim across the road from her and she uncovered her face slightly, waiting for yurim to look her way. when she did, the younger's eyes widened and her mouth fell open in shock.

sumin quickly turned away, heading towards the train station to where jeno and jaemin were waiting. she didn't need to look back to know yurim was following. she could hear fast footsteps pattering against the floor.

"sumin!"

the brunette turned the corner and pulled her hood off, waiting for yurim to reach her. she nearly ran into her but came to an abrupt stop, a distraught look on her face.

"sumin."

"hey, yurim." she smiled sadly.

"why are you here? is it just you?" yurim spoke quickly, nervously glancing around them.

"i've missed you. when i found out you were alive, i had to see you." sumin cut her off, walking forwards so she was at arms length. "why are you working with wicked?"