⇛ 𝐂𝐇. 𝟐𝟓

almost everyone at the camp had been caught and those that hadn't fled toward uncertainty after leaving behind their friends and family. some people had put themselves first but sumin was not one of those people. she couldn't even dream about leaving behind those she cared for.

wicked was checking the people from the mazes as she hid near some crates with chenle and jisung, waiting for the right moment. janson's eyes were scanning the people kneeling on the floor for a certain person and then he spoke his mind.

"where's sumin? and we're missing two others from group a."

"we're right here." sumin said, appearing on the left, chenle and jisung on either side of her. they were quickly restrained and dragged in front of janson.

"you are one annoying bitch." he spat, bunching up some of her hair in his hand and pulling her closer.

"don't touch her!" renjun yelled, attempting to get up but he was forced back to his knees.

"get them in line." janson released her and the three were pushed to the floor beside their friends.

"you okay?" mark asked and she nodded.

"why'd you come back? you should've ran." haechan said.

"we weren't going to leave you, the same way you wouldn't leave me." jisung replied.

above them, there was loud whirring as a large hovercraft appeared out of the clouds. dust and sand blew everywhere and they had to shield their eyes as the hovercraft landed in front of them. it opened and soldiers marched out, followed by an all too familiar woman. the same woman who they had watched die on the video they saw after escaping the maze, dr dahee moon.

"she's alive?" sumin whispered.

"yes, it was her all along." jaemin said.

"is this all of them?" dahee asked janson.

"most of them. it'll be enough."

"start loading them in."

"yes, ma'am. okay, you heard! get them on!" janson yelled and the soldiers began dragging people up and toward the hovercraft.

dahee walked towards the group of friends and gestured to a soldier standing behind sumin. he dragged her to her feet and to stand in front of her.

"hello, sumin."

"what do you want?" she glared at the older woman

"i want two things. one, a cure. i swore an oath to find one and this is the only way. we have to do this. you have to understand. you used to."

"you are a monster." sumin spat.

"you may think i am, but my intentions are good. the second thing i want is my daughter to join my side again."

"then go ask her but i'm sure her answer will be no because who would want a monster like you for a mother." sumin replied, but was followed by silence as dahee pressed her lips tightly together and stepped forward. the realisation quickly hit her. "no..."

"yes. you are my daughter, sumin."

"no. god. no!" she moved backwards. suddenly it all made sense. all the accusations about everything being her fault, why she was the favourite worker and renjun claimed she always had her way in wicked.

"it was no coincidence that you were working with wicked. you were one of our best, expected no less of my daughter." dahee tried to reach out to her but sumin knocked her hand away.

"i'm not you daughter!"

"yes, you are. you cannot deny the blood flowing through your veins. you are my daughter and so is yurim."