Aftermath

After final battle au
Sanemi and Giyuu are dating <3
Enjoy (◡≦)
___________________________

"He's awake!!" The raven-haired girl calls through the butterfly estate. She makes it down to the garden, seeing Sanemi and Kanao petting Kabarumaru while quietly chatting to one another.

Kanao turns her attention to he panicked and worked up girl by them. "Who's awake, Aoi?" She asks in a gentle and calming tone.

Aoi puffs out breaths of air as she regains her balance. She places a hand on her chest, finally standing up after being able to breathe properly.

"Tomioka! He's finally awoken!" She calls, stepping forward slightly. Her eyes shift to Sanemi's when the latter bolts up and heads to the butterfly mansion.

Kanao runs to Aoi's side, helping her stand properly.

"Shinazugawa! Wait!" Kanao tries to stop the male, but he had already left.

Sanemi barges into Giyuu's room, ignoring all of the words from the kakushi in the hallway. He sprints to the ravenette's side, placing a hand on his.

"Yuu..." Sanemi mumbles, relief flowing through his worked-up body. "I'm so glad you've woken up."

"How long... was I... out for?.." Giyuu asks through breaths, his voice croaky and unstable.

"Three months. I've been out for two," Sanemi replies, trying to be gentle as he caresses Giyuu's hand since he was still injured.

"Wow... that's—"

Tanjiro suddenly sprints into the room, Nezuko and Kanao following close behind.

Tanjiro jumps onto Giyuu's bed, wrapping his arms tightly around the male. Giyuu winces but tries to hide it through a forced smile.

"Waaa!!! I'm so gl-glad you're o-okay!" Tanjiro sobs as he holds onto his father figure.

Sanemi grunts at this, placing his body down on a chair as he sulks. He wanted to be the first one to hug Giyuu.

Sanemi notices the pain showing on Giyuu's facial expressions and he puts a firm hand on Tanjiro's shoulder. "Be careful, you're hurting him."

Tanjiro immediately stops hugging Giyuu at the mention of hurting him and more tears drip down his face. "Oh no! D-Did I hurt you, Giyuu?!" Tanjiro yells out, patting Giyuu down.

Giyuu shakes his head as he chuckles. He found the boy's antics and worries amusing.

Aoi walks through the door, sniffling as she smiles. "I'm glad you're okay, Giyuu!" She calls, "though, you had us very worried! Be careful next time if you get injured, okay?" Aoi warns.

Giyuu smiled at the young girl's words of advice. She reminded the ravenette so much of Shinoubu.

Giyuu and Shinoubu were very close, seeing each other almost like siblings.

"Okay... I'll be careful next time," Giyuu said with a closed-eyes smile.

Aoi ushers everyone out. She tries to get Sanemi to leave, but let's the man stay when he fights against it.

The raven-haired girl checks over Giyuu's injuries, making sure they're all healing well.

After seeing that Giyuu's pretty much nearly all healed, she bids the two lovers goodbye and walks out of the room. The other's have left and are all hanging out in the garden with Inosuke and Zenitsu. Visits are for later — boyfriend treatment is first. (Duh)

Sanemi lies next to Giyuu, his arms wrapped tightly around the smaller boy's waist. He holds on so tight, almost as if Giyuu is about to leave for a year-long trip.

"Nemi... why are you holding onto me so tightly? It's not like I'm going anywhere," Giyuu states, chuckling after. He pats Sanemi's head, sighing as he knows the latter won't be getting off of him anytime soon.

"Yeah, but I missed you. Let me hold you and shut the fuck up," Sanemi groans, holding onto Giyuu's waist tighter than before.

Giyuu snickers, running his nails through Sanemi's scalp. He realises that the latter had cut his hair and he frowns. He liked Sanemi's fluffier hair...

"Why'd you cut your hair?" Giyuu asks in a soft tone.

Sanemi shrugs, "felt like it, I guess," he answered.

Giyuu replied with a hum in understanding. "I might get mine cut short."

"What? Why?" Sanemi asks, sitting up.

Giyuu knows Sanemi has always loved his long hair, but he can't tie it up with only one arm. He could get Sanemi or someone else to do it every morning, but won't that be being a burden? Plus, Sanemi might not be around one morning and Giyuu needs to learn to be independent.

"I can't put it up with one arm. Plus, it's a faff having it this long and thick. Sometimes, when it's hot, my neck gets really agitated because my hair's on it," the ravenette explains. Sanemi nods in understanding, lying back down to his position before.

"As long as you don't go bald, I don't care," Sanemi jokes, making a laugh slip out from Giyuu. Sanemi softly smiled and blushed. He hasn't heard Giyuu laugh like that before... It was adorable.

"Will you not love me if I went bald..?" Giyuu asks with a tease.

"Nope," Sanemi answers, popping the 'P'. Giyuu shows a fake hurt look and pouts.

"That's cruel, 'Nemi," Giyuu scolds.

"Just don't ever go bald and I'll still love you. Simple," Sanemi reassures, running his hand up and down Giyuu's thy. The raven-haired slightly blushes from the action.

The two have missed this. This alone time together. This peace. This love shared between them...

__________

ayy i'm back but sorry for not updating in... a whole month i think.

i'm still alive, dw y'all 🫶🏻