Chapter- 58 Pools of Time

A/n: If you are reading as this is updated, yes I pulled the previous chapter I have published. I will explain everything at the end of this arc, so for now just know shit's about to go down.

🕷️

Elise chewed her thumbnail anxiously. Her huntress orange eyes were bouncing around the men's faces in rapid succession as she desperately tried to figure out how THE FUCK all of this went downhill so fast.

Chisaki sat on top of his desk with his legs crossed one over another. Chrono was on his right, one of his arrow strands of hair was pierced into Fae's back, and the other members loyal to only Chisaki stood around chuckling.

Each of them taking turns to taunt the crumpled woman on the ground,

"So the princess has finally been brought back in line?"

"About time she returned to where she belongs!"

"You have a nice little vacation? I hope you liked your time in the sun because you won't be seeing that for quite some time!"

"I'm sure you're boyfriends are gonna miss you real bad, but don't worry, we'll send em a little parting gift," one of the other men taunted as he took a picture of Fae's crumpled on the floor black and blue form.

Elise was almost thankful when the last man in the room growled, "this is not what we agreed to, Chisaki!"

Chrono lashed out. Another one of his arrows punctured into Paynte's shoulder as his eyes pierced into the red haired tattoo artist, "Don't you dare question the master's orders! You are nothing but a messenger; you should consider yourself lucky to have even been given this opportunity."

Paynte grabbed the offending quirk and ripped it out of his shoulder before snatching off his beret and throwing it to the ground. In rage his adrenalin blocked a bit of Chrono's time-slowing quirk as he spat at Chisaki, "You promised I would get time alone with her if I brought her in! Didn't spend the last few weeks tracing her just to let her go without getting what I want, and sorry, but sharing my muse with 6 other guys isn't exactly what I'm into."

As someone who detested all forms of sex aside from the ones with his wife, Chisaki uncomfortably fiddled with his white gloves between his knees and murmured in ironic disgust, "don't worry. You'll get your time with her. I'm simply reminding my ward of what happens when someone disobeys me." Chisaki sent a suspicious look at Elise. "This happens to everyone who goes against me."

Elise raised both her arched black brows. "Excuse me?"

Chisaki looked off and mumbled, "Simply making a statement."

"A statement that looked like it was directed at me." Elise's sky-high heels collided with the cement as she unfurled her thin frame from the chair behind Chisaki's desk and stalked toward him.

Chrono tried to step in her path, but she hissed, "You so much as fuck'n touch me, and I will kill you right here and now."

Chrono's eye twitched. "Then I suggest you keep your distance, from my boss."

"He's my husband." Elise tried to walk past him, and Chrono unwisely tried to touch her shoulder.

Elise scoffed at him and her bracelets jangled as she slapped his hand away at the same time Chisaki shot to his feet. Even through his white gloves, Chisaki was deadly as he grabbed Chrono by his throat and lifted him high off his feet.

As his hands clawed at Chisaki's metal forearm, Chrono wheezed, "But sir-"

Chisaki's yellow eyes promised death above his long bird mask as he glared up at the bastard who dared touch what belonged to him. "No one, is permitted to touch my wife but me, or have you too forgotten?"