Chapter- 4 Morning Glories

🦾🐈‍⬛🐧🌑

Testutestu yawned for the fifth time, and Fumikage glared at him from the corner of his eye. "Would you please stop that?"

"I can't help it!" Testutestu whined. "It's past my bedtime!"

"This is why we don't bring dayshift people along," Kuroiro snickered at his old classmate's sleepiness.

Testutestu flipped him off, and his fellow daytime comrade bit back his own sleepy sound before grumbling, "listen here you fuckers, we're awake at 3 in the damn morning for this weird ass hunch, so how about some appreciation?"

Shinso stopped scanning the shadows for a flash of gold and instead asked, "how did you fool Shadow into thinking you were nice?"

Bakugo popped his spikey face mask that all the guys spent hours teasing him about since one time he had to borrow Shinso's eyeliner since Lore had stolen his and chuckled, "it's not my fault all of you are stupid and bought my award-winning smile."

Kuroiro snickered, "Award winning? 'Mommy's Bestest Little Hellion' isn't very impressive."

The night shift guys all chuckled as Bakugo's entire face turned blood red. The veins on his neck bulged as he bellowed, "Fuck you!!!! I didn't know she knitted that on the back of my sweater!"

"It's your fault for wearing the lame ass Christmas sweater in the first place," Shinso smirked as he put his foot up on the ledge of the abandoned building and went back to looking for the unknown woman.

"If any of you miserable fucks ever get married, you're gonna see why I shut the fuck up and wear the damn sweater. My wife loves me in it, so I don't give a fuck what you guys say!"

Testutetsu scratched his bare shoulder that wasn't covered by his hero costume. He was happy as a clam as he admitted, "If I'm ever lucky enough to get married, I'd totally rock an ugly sweater for her. I think true love totally exists!"

"You think the boogie man and angels exist too," Kuroiro chuckled while handing his metal head of a friend a twizzler from the secret snack bag he kept for himself and Dark Shadow.

"Angels?" As the whispered word rolled from Shinso's lips, the angelic-looking woman they had all been waiting for was conjured from within the darkness. He caught a flash of her golden hair as she walked into the warehouse.

"Hey look alive," Shinso murmured while getting to his full 6'3 height. As much as the knuckleheads loved to fuck around, all five of them were pro heroes who were the best at their own specialties.

Tetsutestu jogged down the steps to get into a close-range position. Bakugo pulled back to handle anyone who tried to leave or sneak up on them due to his extremely versatile mobility. Kuroiro stuck close to Shinso's form in case he needed to whisk him away to safety. Dark Shadow and Fumikage took to the skies to scout for them.

A hint of excitement danced through Shinso's ring-adorned fingers as he made his way down toward the wall of morning glories which were hours away from opening their delicate blooms. In the single beam of moonlight that pierced through the shadows stood the woman that had dominated his thoughts for the past two days.

Shinso paused within the midnight black shadows just watching as she picked up the note he had written her in response. She was absolutely gorgeous, and Shinso's heart was hammering a mile a minute in his chest as he finally got to see her in all of her adorable glory.

Those same deep dimples smiled into existence as her light golden brown eyes rose directly to his. How she found him within the pitch-black darkness, he didn't know, but without a quirk, it should have been impossible to know he was there. His suspicion about her using a quirk grew when she murmured, "you're welcome to invite your friends to join you."