Chapter- 56 Fuck Fate

⚜️🐈‍⬛⚡

Lore's soft small hands hovered over Fae's bruised face, and the injured woman let off a satisfied sigh as Lore healed up the last of her wounds with her sun. "Okay, that should just about do it."

From her spot on Kaminari's lap, Fae said, "Thank you, Lore."

"Don't thank me, this is the least I could do. Honestly, I wish I could do more."

Bakugo placed his hand on his wife's shoulder and gave her a surprisingly gentle smile considering Fae had only ever seen the hellion exploding at everyone, yet his love for his wife truly shone through as he mumbled, "We all do, Lu, but don't be hard on yourself. None of us can change the past."

"But we can do something about the future."

The firey statement caught many of them off guard as all heads turned toward the man standing proudly and protectively behind Kaminari and Fae. Shinso frowned frustratedly, "We've all been affected by Chisaki in one way or another. After his escape from Tartarus, the police nor the hero commission pushed hard enough for us to recapture him. While that's a mistake Fae has had to pay for for years, it's time for that wrong to be righted."

"Come on man, we all know you're frustrated, but this is more complex of a situation than you realize," Sero stated emphathetically. The undercover hero posed as a yakuza thug shook his slick-backed head. "We can't just go in guns blazing because if we do, Eli is going to be the first one to get taken as a hostage."

"Then we'll choose a time when she isn't near him," Kirishima proposed while handing Fae a much-needed glass of water.

Sero looked down at his tattooed hands that were intertwined with Elise's. "You don't get it. If we just charge in...so many innocent people are going to get hurt."

"Innocent people are already getting hurt!" Kaminari snapped as he flashed his eyes to his girlfriend. "I can't just sit back and watch one of the loves of my life get hurt every month because of that monster!"

Shinso, Bakugo, and Mina nodded in agreeance while the more level-headed Kirishima and Lore simply remained silent. Elise and Fae were purposefully remaining out of the conversation, for there were pieces to this puzzle neither stygian woman had wished to share yet.

"You don't get it!! Even if Eli can escape, Mui, Yun, the other kids- none of them..." Sero's voice broke as he rasped, "None of them will be able to get out."

The silence that fell over the living room became tense as Sero's vague warning settled into all of their minds and hearts. It was the sweetest of them all those that asked, "W-what do you mean 'kids'?"

Elise looked over at Kaminari before dropping her gaze helplessly, "The reason I haven't been able to take out Chisaki isn't because I can't kill him, it's because even if I cut off the head of the snake, Chrono and the other men loyal to him will kill everyone."

Fae's eerie voice rang with truth as she added to the horrifying truths by enlightening them all, "It's a suicide pact- a vow each of his members must make when they join him. If he should die, his work, both living and otherwise, must be destroyed as a final homage to their master."

"'His work'," Shinso looked down at Fae and asked, "Does that include you?"

"Of course. It includes me, Mui, Eri, and everyone he has ever experimented on." Fae tugged at her hair in frustration as she admitted, "It's why Kendra, Elise, Hawks, all of us who have conspired against him, haven't been able to bring down his empire. I keep trying to find a way, some loop hole, some back door to all of this that'll let us end him without destroying more people's lives..." She glanced back at her boyfriends and whispered, "but I can't find one...that's why I can bare this burden for as long as I need to because I know that my sacrifice every month is sparing countless others innocents from his attention. So please, don't do anything rash. Let me...let me finish this the way I've foreseen."