more than a dance

Rory's P.O.V

I had been hanging out with Jake and Sam while Corey danced with his girlfriend, I didn't care for dancing with anyone here but I was approached twenty minutes after Sam finished texting someone on his phone, I really couldn't hear anyone over the talking and music playing but I seen the guy who was standing in front of me stick his hand out for me to take and I did as we slowly walked to the dance floor, I looked over and seen the stupid grin on Sam's face before I started dancing with the guy after I felt him place his hand on my waist as a soft song begun playing. He gently pulled me towards him and we begun dancing, I immediately felt him take control and I followed his lead while I looked in his blue eyes.

I wasn't sure if he was someone my brother knew but seeing the look on his face told me that he had this planned, I looked down at my feet when I heard him speak to me softly.

Colby: keep your eyes on me, don't worry about your feet.

I smiled after I looked back at him as we continued dancing, After the song was over I walked with him to a more private area so the other three wouldn't listen to our conversation.

Rory: I'm glad you decided to come, Sam said you were going to stay at the hotel.

I watched as he pulled a single rose away from a bush nearby and handed it to me after he removed the thorns from it.

Colby: I needed to see you again...

Rory: I know that I broke your heart but...

Colby: I wouldn't be here if I didn't care about you.

Rory: I was just scared that I would be treated the same way as Axel treated me. I don't want that for me and you deserve to be happy even if you choose someone else.

Colby: I couldn't choose anyone else Shiloh and I would never do anything to hurt you like your ex boyfriend did.

I felt him gently pull me closer to him and I rested my head on his chest.

I could hear the other three in the back talking among themselves even though they were whispering, I pretended that they weren't there and I think Cole was doing the same thing.

Rory: Cole...?

Colby: yes Shiloh...?

I carefully thought about what I was going to say so it wouldn't come out the wrong way.

Rory: when we first met did you...?

I seen him look in the direction of where the others stood and I knew he had to be looking at Sam and it was like he was asking for his approval as I watched Sam slowly nodding his head yes.

Colby: I didn't at first but when you showed up that night after Sam told you that you could move in, it was like I never met you before.

Rory: I knew you hated the idea of me being there since Jake and Corey constantly fought for my attention.

I looked into his eyes after I seen him smile at what I just said when he gently placed his hand against my cheek and looked into my eyes.

Colby: I never realized how beautiful you are until now.

Rory: it's the dress and other stuff I'm wearing...

Colby: no, you're beautiful without the dress and other stuff.

I felt his thumb gently caress my cheek and I heard Jake yelling from across the courtyard.

Jake: just kiss her already!

I softly laughed at what he just said and so did Cole until he got the same look as he had before as we looked into each other's eyes again and I noticed that he started leaning towards me.

Rory: Cole...

I felt him gently place his lips on mine as he started kissing me and I deepened the kiss, which earned cheers from the guys as I felt Cole pull me onto his lap after he sat down on a bench that was behind him. It was the first time I've ever been kissed even though I had dated in the past. I pulled away and placed my head against his and felt him gently kiss my neck.

Rory: I hope this doesn't mean that you are going to see someone else after tonight...

Cole: I would never do that to you Shiloh...

Rory: it's okay if you want to say it Cole. I never felt this way about anyone else and I don't want to rush things between us...

Colby: we've known each other since we were kids, I think we're obligated to say those words to each other...

Rory: I love you Cole.

Colby: I love you too Aurora. Will you be my girl?

Rory: yes...

I felt him gently kiss me again before picking me up and spin me around before the guys walked over to us.