harmed

Colby's P.O.V

A few months passed since Rory moved into the guest house, I noticed that she had begun getting more worried especially at night so I decided to install a camera and get a good view of the guest house, I wasn't sure what was going on with her or why she moved here but it become clear while I was spending time with her and Sam during movie night that she invited us to, Sam had walked in the main house to make popcorn for us when the person who was watching her come inside where we were and tried attacking her with a knife which he succeeded while she jumped into my arms.

I wasn't very fond of her but seeing her get hurt angered me and I fought the guy off and watched him run off before I could find out who he was.

Colby: are you okay Rory?

Rory: I uh...

I watched as she moved her hand from where she was cut and seen the blood gushing from her side. I quickly picked her up and applied pressure to the wound and told Sam what happened and he drove to the hospital after I put her in the backseat of his car while I continued keeping pressure on the wound, she gently rested her head against my chest and I seen her slowly falling asleep.

Colby: drive faster Sam, she's losing consciousness.

Rory: Cole...?

I looked down at her when she said my name and noticed that she was unconscious before Sam got to the hospital.

I told Sam to go home and rest after I told him that I would stay with her, which is what he did. I told the officer what happened but I didn't see his face and they searched for the person who may have attacked her even though they didn't have enough evidence to go off of except the fact that he attacked her with a knife.

I had been in the room with her when she woke up in the middle of the night...

Rory: Cole...

Colby: I'm here...

Rory: when did I get here...?

Colby: you've been here for six hours now, how are you feeling?

Rory: my side hurts...

Colby: I will get a nurse...

I walked out of the room and didn't see anybody around so I decided to push the button so someone would come to the room. After the nurse gave her something for pain, I felt her gently brush her hand against mine and wasn't sure if it was accidentally but I quickly took her hand into mine while she tried fighting the sleep.

Colby: get some rest Rory...

Rory: Cole, can you stay with me...?

Colby: I'm not going anywhere...

I crawled in bed next to her so she could get a sense of relief from what happened, I wasn't sure what the guy wanted from her but I made a promise to her on this night that I wouldn't let anyone harm her ever again.