18th Chapter (Pain)

This will most probably be one of the 2-3 last chapters. If you really like the story, tell me and I'll make a second Arc with another goal! (You can tell me if you'd prefer it being more towards the romance, action or other stuff.) I can even add you favourite characters for loz. (Definitely need to put Ravio at some point cause he's the best boi!) Anyways, good but sad reading to yall!

~~~

Telma stepped foot into the dark and gloomy atmosphere of the woods her friend ran into earlier. She turned on her heels and looked at the three others. Malon held herself in her embrace, a stressed look on her face. Hunter held onto both his and Fisher's sword.

Meanwhile, Shade got closer and took a grip on Telma's hand. He squeezed it, seemingly worried. He took his other arm and ran his fingers through his bang, sighted and looked back into her eyes. His eyes had water in the outer corner as he looked away. He pulled telma as he started to run without warning. She looked at the silent boy, wondering how he knew where to go. She ran faster to catch him. "How is this boy so fast?" She thought, looking at the back of his black hair, tied in a ponytail. He pulled her left then right barely noticing she was getting slapped in the face by the tree branches and bushes brushing the side of her legs. "Little boy!" He suddenly stopped and looked around, letting go of Telma's hand. He turned and ran towards a little steam of water. She slowly got by him as he sat on his knees and put the tip of his fingers in. He put his full hand like it was a boal and splashed it on his head. Telma quietly stared into his black eyes brought to life by a blue halo, each one dazzling with pureness and breaking the fierceness of the night.

He looked kind of empty and emotionless. Perhaps was he scared to show weakness or affection? He slowly tilted his face towards the other end of the water letting his face pour off the splash he did to himself. He was somehow still dripping wet. He raised his fist, letting the rest follow and he designed a place where threes were missing. Telma unconsciously walked closer and felt her heart crack a bit when at the end was kneeling the brunet, hugging himself through the fallen and broken pieces of stone. When following the path left by the tumbled structures, she noticed a familiar scent. She tried to pin it down without success.

She came closer to the boy laying on the ground. He seemed to hold onto something so dearly she couldn't see what it was. She took a deep breath in and cleaned her throat before she bent down to sit closer. She pulled the front of his hair and put it behind his long ears. His eyes were red just like the marks left behind his tears on his cheeks. He turned his gaze towards Telma, he opened his mouth before closing it again. He dropped onto the floor and started to wail. She got closer and pulled him in for a hug. He cried on her shoulder for five long minutes before he calmed down, enough to speak in a half-tone broken voice.

-Why is it so hard to let go?–He said, looking straight into her brown eyes.– Why is it I can't bring myself to do what's best for everyone?

Telma looked at him, saddened and let him in her arms.

-He is not anyone... He is the one that made you the most happy.– She spoke softly.– He shattered into bits of glass. What you are trying to hold onto is only a shard cutting and piercing through your delicate skin. –She took a breath in– Sight- Even though it hurts you so bad, it's normal you feel like it will make you suffer even more when letting go of it.–She started to tear up, herself.

-No...He is no shattered piece.–He said. – He is trying everything at the moment we speak! He really is trying to get back to me! It doesn't make him happy to cause all that chaos in this world he has loved so much! I am not slashing him! I will never!

With his last words to Telma he cowardly ran off further, dropping what he protected so badly from his grip. The girl looked at her friend, helpless. She turned to look at Link's dear item. It was a frame. She lifted it when she heard a cracking sound. The glass was shattered and the photo floated as she catched it with her other hand. She took a look at it and intimately felt an immense pain overcome her.