6th Chapter (Link)

The door opened slowly but closed almost immediately. The man looked back at his drink and took a sip. He passed his fingers through his long hair and let out a sight. He looked like he had lost all hopes. The bartender arrived closer and began to refill the man's cup.

-Hard time, isn't it?—She asked.

-Hmm...—The man didn't look up and grabbed his drink.— I don't want -Huck- to talk.

As he said so, he felt a soft embrace from behind. He turned around and saw a young brunette with blue eyes, pointy ears and green clothes. The boy smiled.

-Link?!—Gan got up and hugged the boy tightly. He loosened his grip to kiss him but missed.

-Hm... Gan, you're too drunk for that.— Said the boy pushing him away to refuse the action.

Gan stupidity smiled and started to cry like an infant. ''I thought I had killed you!'' The brunet made him sit back on his benche for him, not to fall. ''I am just fine! You didn't do anything to me!'' He reassured him. Suddenly, he felt an excruciating pain in his ankle. He let out a loud scream and looked down. At the boy's feet a cat had a hold on him with fangs starting to pierce into his skin. He shook his leg in panic and kicked the feline into another of the benches.

-You little demise!— he said furious.

-Are you okay, love?

-I... I will be.—He held onto Gan's shoulder.—Can you bring me home? I don't think I can walk with the pain of the bite.—He turned to look at the animal and maliciously smiled.

The cat got back up and stared furiously at the brunet's grin. ''Who is that copycat?'' He thought.

-Link!—The voice in the back didn't get an answer.— Link!

The cat turned around and saw another cat, but with a coat of dirty white fur and a purple collar.

-Link, you should forget about Ganondorf. Even if you turn back into your original form, he will have found someone new...

-You don't understand, Louise! This-This-This CATFISH is-He is tricking Gan!-sight- If I lost him... I would never get over it...

She approached him and rubbed her head against his to show her support.

-I know you love him, but remember he is the one who cursed you!

-No he is not! It was the demise! —He replied angrily.— And that guy with brown hair and green clothes, it was me! That's what I used to look like, traits for traits! That's why I fear for Gan!

-You were that hylian?— She stopped to think.—Did he- Demise switch yours and a cat's body?

-I don't think so. Plus, I swear I saw him mockingly smirk at me as he left with MY boyfriend!

-Link, getting your nerves over on me won't help a bit.— She said as she dragged him up the wall structure and into a small secret room in the room of the bar.

Link sat frustrated. ''I know he is hiding something!'' He shedded a tear ''I just don't know how I can find out just what.'' He melted onto the ground as he mourned.

Two birds suddenly came in through the broken shutters. They started to do small but fast movements that annoyed Link. He covered his ears with his front paws and closed his eyes.

-What happened to mister Link?—Said the blue bird with its high pitched voice.

-Why does she look so sad Louise?—Asked the white one.

-Pea, this is not a female cat, he is a male!

It looked at Link a little confused.

-Then why does he have pierced ears?

-Some guys like their ears pierced.—She explained calmly.

-Am I a guy Louise? Asked Pea.

-I don't know...what do you want to be?

The bird looked at Louise's eyes and then down to think. While the little one was thinking, Link opened his eyes and uncovered his ears to know what was happening.

-What are the options?— Asked Pea honesty.

The comment made Louise laugh followed by a little giggle from Link.

-There are infinite!—She replied simply, barring a smile.

Pea looked flabbergasted by the answer given. The birdy then started to hop around.

-Can I be all at the same time?-They let out, excited.

-I don't want any of them!—Pouted Lye.

-Always opposing each other— She mumbled for herself.—Suit yourselves!

...

The dawn was slowly approaching, painting the sky in colorful swirls. Link sadly looked at the horizon though the fallen shutter. In his head, a battle occurred, opposing his mind and he. Nothing could have prepared him for a life change so brutal. He turned around and saw Louise waking up. She looked worried. As she got up, she almost fell back on the ground. Link rushed to see her instead of making her walk.

-Link, I think you should seek help. I had a vision only you may know about.—She pulled Link out of the bar and sat him on the grass.—You may never see the aura of the sky through the same lenses again. To a world of darkness and pain you will open your eyes to and never will you turn back to fix what's broken! —She said like poeth.

-What does that mean?—Asked he, startled.

-Your curse is like roots growing, getting all life out of you!—She continued.— I am afraid you will lose your humanity before your loved one meets his fate...

-I am dying?!

-You have the soul of a sick hylian within an ill cat's body, Link! If you do not cure, the curse will spread like venom and leave you mindless...—She said almost crying.

-What do you suggest?

...

~~~

Who was that CATfish? XD 

Guess you'll have to read my next update(s) to know! I will probably join a drawing in one of the upcoming chapters.

I am sorry for how short my updates are, but I want to be sure I post kinda often.