5ft Chapter (Reflection)

-Gasp!-

Link crawled out of the water, coughing. He shook himself to dry a bit.— I-I-It's-s-so c-cold! He gazed at the distance still laying on the shore. When he tried to get up, he fell immediately. He turned around and looked at his reflection just to get scared off. He agitated his head and looked again.

-I can't believe it... I'm...

The mirror's clear water wasn't reflecting a boy nor was it reflecting a hylian. A small bell now attached to his neck, a fish hook pierced in his left hear and a ring in the other, but most significantly, he was an animal... A CAT! He was unrecognizable!

He sat and stared at the water.

-Did he do this to me?– He said saddened. He started to walk, this time on all fours.

The only thing left to do was to seek help from his sister. Much later, after an exhausting walk, he wondered how to open the door. Such questions had never been asked by a hylian, he thought.

He got on two of his paws, holding onto the door not to fall. He tried to reach for the knob, but was sadly too short. Link looked around for a tool when he found a stick. He placed it in between his fangs. He dragged it up the set of stairs and tried to lift it but gave up miserably and knocked his head against the door. Suddenly, the said door opened. Zeli looked at the little white cat of orange and gray sports. She looked confused as to why a cat knocked.

-Hello, Kitty. Are you lost? –She kneeled down to pet him.—You look weak, come in.— She picked up the feline unknowingly helping her brother.

The hylian picked a bowl and filled it with water. She brought a small blanket, folded it and placed it close to the fireplace. "Good night kit" She said before walking up to her room.

-Time to go to bed. At least for tonight!—He thought

He looked all the way up the ladder to his room. ''Why did I put my bed up there?'' He took a deep breath in and started to climb in a clumsy way. After a couple of minutes and teeth marks on the ladder's bars, Link jumped on his bed and snuggle in the blankets.

...

-This is not your bed! —Screamed a feminine voice.— She grabbed the puss and got down the ladder.— Zelda! Did you bring this Furrball in?!

Zeli rushed to the call. She picked Link and got outside. Once the door was closed, she put him down. ''Go! You can't stay here.'' She looked sad.

-Meow!- He put his paw on the girl's foot.—Meow!

-I'm sorry...— She shook her leg and closed the door.

-No! Please, Zeli!— He sat and stared at the floor. — If only I could lift the curse... lift... That's it! I need to lift the curse!

Sure of where to go, he ran out of the village, maybe for the last time...

...

~

Did you think I'd really kill my Oc? ;)

Btw, Gan is supposed to be the same one from OoT but younger, way younger! Young link is born around the time of this chapter. Can you guess why?

Please, if you like the fanfic consider voting and perhaps you could read my other fics (they are not romance cantered, but it's the same head canon and you find this Link.)