Nobody But Me

Word Count: 5.2k

Diego smirked at me before turning his body back around, pulling down on the metal door handle before pushing it open. My eyes widened as I shakily walked inside after him, my pupils darting all over the new area as a lump formed in my throat. The room was dimly lit, the strong smell of iron permeated the air made my eyes water, breathing felt harder the more I looked around. Three men sat in the three different chairs in the middle of the room, one of their heads was slumped down with a white, bloody bag covering it. A different one sat as well, sporting a white, blood stained sack overtop his own skull, his body writhing in every direction, muffled screams emitting from his mouth, muffled by the cloth. While the last one looked alright... somewhat.

Diego stepped to the side of the room, glancing over at a very pretty woman, "Valeria, there's uno mas (one more)," he called out, motioning toward me. Valeria crossed her arms as she looked me up and down, a smirk tugging at the corners of her lips. She stood tall, wearing a tight black shirt and earthy green cargo pants. "Sit down," she ordered me, my eyebrows furrowed as I nodded my head, not understanding where exactly she wanted me sit. Slowly, I approached her, one of the guards standing next to the three men pulled an unmoving one by their neck, slamming their body to the ground.

Question answered. Her eyes never left my form as I approached the newly opened chair, the leather of it covered in a thin layer of blood. Speaking of blood, it was everywhere: on the floors, the walls, the seats, the cloth bags, their clothes. Hopefully mine wouldn't paint the room next. Slowly, I turned around and lowered my rear down down onto the seat, my gaze following Valeria as she walked up to Diego. "Quien es esa (Who is that)?" She asked, glaring at Diego, her lips pulling to the side. "Su nombre es Y/n. Ella vino a nosotros (Her name is Y/n. She came to us)," Diego replied, glancing over at me.

Valeria slowly made her way behind Diego, my gaze following her every movement, "Y la dejaste entrar (And you let her in)?" She asked, her voice holding a dangerous tone as it dropped lower. Diego nodded, "Ella dijo que tenía información (She said she had information)," he explained, his stare never leaving me for a second. Valeria chuckled before she launched her knee into the back of Diego's legs, his body crashing to the floor as she held a knife to his throat. A smirk tugged at the corners of my lips, I'd love to see his blood soaking the ground. "No la conocemos y ella nos ha visto la cara (We don't know her and she's seen our faces)," Valeria whispered darkly into Diego's ear, her knife pressing deeper into his neck as a small trace of blood dribbled from the superficial cut.

Diego held his hands up, his breathing becoming more erratic, "Valeria necesitamos información. Ella podría ayudarnos (Valeria, we need intel. She could help us)," his words spilled from between his lips in a frenzied rush, his palms shaking above his head. My eyes darted up to Valeria's, almost praying she'd wipe that scum off the face of the damn Earth. Valeria looked back at me with an unwavering stare, "Será mejor que... o después de que la mate... estarás en esa silla (She better... or after I kill her... you'll be in that chair next)," she whispered into his ear before shoving him to the ground.

What I would give to know Spanish, Diego seemed scared shitless. Valeria pulled a sizable gun from the holster attached to her thigh, the metal gleaming under the scarce lighting of the room. "Nino's and nina (Boys and girls)," she called out, her eyes swimming with amusement as her gaze fell upon each of us sitting in the chairs surrounding one another. "This is simple: I ask questions. You answer truthfully," she explained, trying to shake the motionless one awake, but he remained slumped over. At least she was speaking English now, but the words she uttered did little to make me feel more comfortable. Slowly she walked between me and the only other person who remained unscathed, alive.

Her voice raised as she continued, "Do not lie to me," she boomed out, her accent thick in every word she spoke. Her head moved left and right as she looked between me and the other man before taking a step back. Her sights fell down at the gun in her hand before she nodded. Valeria redirected her gaze to what looked to be a Las Almas soldier, corrupted no doubt. "Recently we were protecting a friend in the mountains. Someone attacked us there, who?" She asked, glaring down at the man. The man looked around, confusion finding its way to his features, "Fue un caos. Yo-yo no vi (It was chaos. I- I didn't see)-" Valeria cut him off, looking irritated, "In English. Para ella (For her)," she ordered, motioning over toward me.