CHAPTER 38

**THIRD PERSON POV**

Pedro sat nervously in a quiet café, his hands trembling as he sipped his coffee. He knew he had to confess to Damien and Annette, the people he had wronged so deeply. His unhealthy obsession had led him to commit terrible acts. Taking a deep breath, he finally mustered the courage to speak.

Pedro's heart was heavy as he decided to come clean and reveal the extent of his actions. He had to acknowledge the harm he had caused and seek forgiveness from those he had wronged. As he sat down with Annette and Damien, he began to confess in a shaky voice.

"Annette, Damien," he started, "I need to tell you both something. I've done some terrible things, things that I deeply regret. I manipulated situations, spread lies, and hurt both of you."

Pedro went on to detail his sinister plan and the specific actions he had taken to sabotage their relationship. He explained how he had hired a man to threaten Annette with a knife, intending to play the role of her savior. He admitted to spreading rumors about Annette, falsely claiming that she had cheated on a critical exam. Additionally, he confessed to casting doubts on the authenticity of the school charity event, stating that it was a sham. Pedro didn't hold back; he disclosed that he had orchestrated the involvement of the girl and the waiter in Damien's drink-spiking incident, hoping to break the couple apart.

Tears welled up in Pedro's eyes as he recounted these actions that had caused so much pain. He knew that he had betrayed their trust and damaged their lives, and he couldn't take it back.

"Annette, Damien," he said, his voice full of remorse, "I am deeply sorry for what I've done. It was never your fault; it was always mine. I was consumed by jealousy and selfishness, and I let it drive me to these terrible actions. I know that you may never fully forgive me, but I needed to confess and seek your understanding."

Annette and Damien exchanged a look of disbelief and empathy. They could see the genuine remorse in Pedro's eyes. After a moment of silence, Annette spoke softly, "Pedro, we don't condone what you've done, but we understand that you were struggling with your own issues. What matters now is that you're acknowledging your mistakes and seeking help to change."

Damien nodded in agreement, adding, "We believe in the power of redemption and transformation, Pedro. We hope that you can find the strength to mend the wounds you've caused and turn your life around."

Pedro, overwhelmed with gratitude for their understanding, promised to make amends and embark on a journey of self-improvement. He knew that it wouldn't be an easy path, but he was determined to heal and grow. Annette and Damien had given him a glimmer of hope, and he was ready to seize that chance for change.

Annette spoke softly, "Pedro, I appreciate your honesty. It's a step towards healing."

Damien nodded, his face reflecting a mixture of emotions. "You've taken the first step, Pedro. Acknowledging your mistakes is important."

Pedro, still anxious, admitted, "I need help. I've realized that my obsession was ruining me, and it was never worth it."

Annette looked at him with compassion. "Pedro, we hope you get the help you need. We forgive you, but it's important that you focus on your own well-being and try to make amends for your actions."

Pedro's eyes welled up with tears, grateful for their understanding and forgiveness. "Thank you, both of you. I will do whatever it takes to change and become a better person."

With Pedro's confession, a sense of relief filled the café. They parted ways with a mutual understanding of the need for growth and redemption.

Annette and Damien continued to nurture their relationship, growing closer with each passing day. They frequently went on romantic dates, taking advantage of the beautiful moments they shared. Their love was evident to those around them, and their families approved of their deepening connection.