CHAPTER 15

THIRD PERSON POV:

Annette sat on the park bench, her eyes fixed on the colorful leaves falling gently from the trees. The autumn breeze brought a sense of tranquility, a calmness she needed amidst the changes happening in her life. She had been feeling a growing distance between her and Rose, her best friend since childhood. It was hard for her to pinpoint exactly what caused this shift, but she knew they needed to talk.

Taking a deep breath, Annette called Rose. "Hey, can we meet at our usual spot at the park?" she asked.

"Of course," Rose replied, concern lacing her voice. "I'll be there in a bit."

A few minutes later, Rose arrived, her eyes reflecting the worry she felt. They exchanged a warm hug before taking a seat on the familiar park bench.

"Rose," Annette began hesitantly, "I feel like we've been growing apart lately. Is everything okay between us?"

Rose sighed, her eyes downcast for a moment before meeting Annette's gaze. "I've noticed it too," she admitted. "It's not that I don't value our friendship, but... things have changed for me, Annette."

Annette listened intently, her heart aching at the thought of losing such an important connection. "Changed? In what way?"

Rose took a moment to collect her thoughts. "I've been caught up in the excitement of the lifestyle I've embraced. The parties, the freedom... it's all so exhilarating. But I can see how it's affecting you, how it's different from what you believe in."

Tears welled up in Annette's eyes, but she blinked them away. "I miss our old times, Rose. I miss us, supporting each other no matter what."

"I miss that too," Rose admitted, her voice breaking. "I don't want to lose you, Annette. I need to find a balance, to be the friend you need while still exploring this new side of me."

Annette nodded, wiping away a tear. "I'm here for you, Rose. I don't want us to drift apart either. Let's work through this together."

They shared a reassuring hug, feeling the weight of unspoken promises to keep their friendship strong despite the differences that now marked their paths.

Damien had been struggling for so long, grappling with the darkness that seemed to cling to him. The weight of his depression felt suffocating at times, but he knew he needed to find a way to cope, to lift this heavy burden.

He had continued attending therapy sessions, a decision that initially felt like a giant leap into the unknown. Sitting in the therapist's office, he felt a mix of hope and apprehension. Dr. Rebecca, a kind-hearted psychologist with a reassuring presence, welcomed him.

"Hello, Damien," Dr. Rebecca greeted, offering a warm smile. "How have you been since our last session?"

Damien hesitated for a moment, then sighed, realizing he needed to be honest. "It's been rough," he admitted, his voice cracking slightly. "The same thoughts keep haunting me, making it hard to focus on anything else."

Dr. Rebecca leaned forward, his eyes gentle yet firm. "It takes time, Damien. Progress in battling depression is not always linear. What thoughts have been troubling you lately?"

Taking a deep breath, Damien began to open up about his struggles, the internal battles that had held him captive for so long. He spoke of his fears, his insecurities, and the constant feeling of inadequacy that seemed to shadow him. It was liberating yet painful to verbalize these thoughts that had remained hidden within him for so long.

Dr. Rebecca listened attentively, offering insights and guidance, helping Damien navigate the labyrinth of his emotions. Together, they worked on coping strategies, focusing on mindfulness, meditation, and gradually introducing healthier routines into Damien's life.

In the following sessions, Damien started to notice subtle shifts within himself. The cloud of darkness began to lift, allowing slivers of light to break through. He started embracing healthier habits, finding solace in jogging, writing in a journal, and spending time with Annette.

One day, as the sun set and painted the sky with hues of pink and orange, Damien realized something profound. He could feel a glimmer of hope, a spark within him that whispered, "You can overcome this."

Though the road to recovery was still long and winding, Damien finally believed that he had the strength to walk it with him reducing his partying life and having 'fun' with girls. And with the support of therapy and his growing friendship with Annette, he felt a newfound determination to face his demons head-on.

Annette sat in her room, feeling a mix of worry and sadness. Her friendship with Rose had been changing, and it was breaking her heart. She missed the days when they were inseparable, sharing dreams and secrets under the same roof.

With a deep breath, Annette picked up her phone and sent a message to Rose, inviting her to come over and talk. Moments later, her phone buzzed, and Rose replied with an eager "Yes!"

When Rose arrived, there was an initial awkwardness that hung in the air. Annette knew she had to re-address the growing distance between them again. "Rose," she began gently, "I've noticed that we've drifted apart," she repeated what she had told her friend earlier. I miss you, and I want to understand what's been going on."

Rose hesitated, then sighed, her eyes reflecting a mix of emotions. "Annette, it's just... I've been trying to find myself, you know? I want to explore life beyond our usual routine. I love partying, and I don't want to feel guilty for enjoying it."

Annette nodded, trying to comprehend Rose's perspective. "I understand that, but I miss the old us. Can't we find a balance? Keep our friendship strong while also allowing room for our individual interests?"

Rose looked thoughtful, considering Annette's words. "You're right. I've been so caught up in this new lifestyle that I've neglected what truly matters. Let's try to reconnect and find that balance."

Annette smiled, relief washing over her. They spent the evening reminiscing about their shared memories, laughing and even shedding a few tears. By the end of the night, they promised to make an effort to keep their friendship strong.

As Annette reflected on the conversation later, she realized how important it was to address concerns openly and honestly in any relationship. It was a lesson in understanding, compromise, and cherishing the bonds that truly mattered.

***

Hey loves hope you are enjoying the story so far

Don't forget to like, comment and follow you can also share.

QUESTION: What's your biggest fear?

MY ANSWER: Never making it in life.