CHAPTER 12

ANNETTE POV:
The week went by quickly and it was already Sunday I went to church and later went back home.
The words of the pastor during the church service echoed in my mind long after we had left the sanctuary. The sermon had struck a chord deep within me. It reminded me that we all face trials and tribulations, but it's how we lean on our faith that defines us. I knew I needed to lean on my faith more than ever, to find the strength to overcome my challenges.

That evening, seated in the cozy living room, I gathered the courage to speak with my parents about what was weighing heavily on my heart. I admired their unwavering faith and wisdom, and I trusted that they could provide the guidance I sought.

"I've been feeling lost and overwhelmed," I began, trying to find the right words to express my emotions. "School has been challenging, and I'm scared about what the future holds."

My mom, her eyes filled with empathy and love, nodded for me to continue. My dad, a tower of strength, reached out and placed his hand on mine, offering silent encouragement.

"I've been reading the Bible and praying, seeking solace and guidance," I continued. "But I feel like my faith is being tested, and I'm struggling to keep up."

My parents listened intently, their expressions a mix of concern and understanding. They shared stories from their own lives, tales of how faith had guided them through difficult times. Their experiences reassured me and made me feel less alone in my struggle.

My mom suggested we start a family Bible study and prayer time each week, a way to grow spiritually together. She encouraged me to seek out a mentor at church, someone to guide me in my faith journey. My dad reminded me that it was okay to have doubts and fears, as long as I kept turning to God for strength.

Their advice provided a comforting anchor, grounding me amidst the storm of my thoughts and fears. I felt a renewed sense of hope, knowing that with their support and God's guidance, I could find my way.

DAMIEN POV:
As the days went by, my internal battle grew more intense. I knew that seeking professional help was a step I needed to take for my own well-being. The relentless darkness that clouded my mind was too heavy to bear alone.

One evening, I sat in my dimly lit room, surrounded by a sense of loneliness that seemed to engulf me. I realized I couldn't let my fears hold me back any longer. I needed help, and there was no shame in admitting that.

I began researching therapists, reading about their specialties and approaches. It was a daunting task, trying to find the right fit, but I was determined. I felt a glimmer of hope that this could be the path toward healing.

However, fear gnawed at the edges of my determination. The fear of judgment and the stigma associated with mental health struggles made me hesitate. Would people view me differently? Would they think less of me?

Yet, in the depths of that darkness, a flicker of courage emerged. I reminded myself that seeking help was a sign of strength, not weakness. I took a deep breath, promising myself that I would make the call and schedule that first appointment.

The next day, I found a therapist whose approach resonated with me. Summoning every ounce of courage, I dialed the number and made the appointment. It was a step toward facing my demons and finding a way to heal, a step toward a brighter future.

****

Sorry short chapter

Hope you are enjoying.

Like, follow and comment

I'm glad that Damien is already seeking help.
Anyway tell me are you enjoying the story.
I love the song mirror by the way
Look at me when I'm talkin' to you
You lookin' at me but I'm lookin' through you
I see the blood in your eyes
I see the love in disguise
I see the pain hidden in your pride
I see you're not satisfied
And I don't see nobody else
I see myself, I'm looking at the
Mirror on the wall (woo), here we are again (yeah)
Through my rise and fall (uh)
You've been my only friend (yeah)
You told me that they can understand the man I am
So why are we here talkin' to each other again?
Uh, I see the truth in your lies
I see nobody by your side
But I'm with you when you're all alone
And you correct me when I'm lookin' wrong
I see the guilt beneath the shame
I see your soul through your window pain
I see the scars that remain
I see you Wayne, I'm lookin' at the
Mirror on the wall, here we are again (yeah)
Through my rise and fall (uh-huh)
You've been my only friend (my only friend)
You told me that they can understand the man I am (they can understand)
So why are we here talkin' to each other again
"That's my favorite part of the song "
QUESTION: IF YOU COULD LIVE ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHERE WOULD IT BE
MY ANSWER. I GUESS I WOULD LOVE TO LIVE IN A PLACE WHERE THERE IS A BEAUTIFUL BEACH AND MY LOVELY PARTNER WITH ME.