Planning the Roka and Marriage

Author

Author

The Suryavanshi family had gathered for dinner, and the atmosphere was filled with anticipation. Omkaar had important news to share. As the family members settled around the dining table, their faces filled with curiosity, Omkaar took a deep breath and began to speak.

He said, "I have something important to share. The Verma family has agreed to the marriage proposal for Rudra." The room buzzed with excitement and happiness. Everyone's faces lit up, and congratulatory messages were exchanged.

However, Rudra, the center of this decision, remained stoic, not giving away any emotion. Ignoring his reaction, Omkaar turned to Durga, and Gayatri (Rudra's mother), and instructed them, Durga, please talk to our family priest and get the dates for the roka and marriage as early as possible.

Nodding in acknowledgment, Durga and Gayatri, left the dining room to make the necessary arrangements.

Meanwhile, Dhruv and Laksh, the younger members of the family, couldn't contain their excitement. They asked Omkaar, "Dadaji, you never told us our future bhabhi's name."

With a warm smile, Omkaar replied, "Her name is Aditi." The two young men couldn't hide their enthusiasm, exclaiming, "Wow, Aditi! That's a beautiful name."

Turning to Rudra, they added, "What do you say, Bhaiyya?" However, Rudra's glare silenced them immediately.

As the conversation continued, Vaishali, Aarav's wife, inquired, "Dadaji, do you have a photo of her? Can we see her?"

Durga interjected, "No, you'll have to wait. You'll see her day after tomorrow directly." This unexpected statement left everyone puzzled.

Curious, they asked, "Why do we have to wait?"

Durga explained, "The priest has given us the dates. The roka is the day after tomorrow, and the wedding will take place one week from now."

Rudra, who had been silent up to this point, stopped eating and announced, "I won't be available for the roka. I am leaving for Australia tomorrow for a business deal."

Indrajith, was quick to offer a solution. "Aarav can go in your place for the meeting.

Rudra shook his head firmly. "No, Aarav can't go dad. He was not part of the investor meeting. I have to go myself, and I'll be back in time for the wedding."

With a determined look at his grandfather, he added, "Even I am a Suryavanshi, and I won't break my promise too he replied with sarcasm."

With those words, Rudra left the dining area, leaving his family to absorb the unexpected turn of events. The upcoming days would bring both excitement and challenges, as the family prepared for the union of Rudra and Aditi.

Gayatri, with a gleam of excitement in her eyes, addressed her mother-in-law, Durga, "Ma, we have very little time, and there are so many things to buy and organize. How can we do everything in such a short span?"

Durga, reassured her, saying, "Don't worry, Badi Bahu. Everything will go smoothly." Her calm confidence was a source of comfort for Gayatri.

Radhika and Vaishali chimed in, "Tomorrow, we have to go shopping to bring all the necessary items for Aditi." Gayatri nodded, with excitement.

Amidst the discussions and preparations, Omkaar, the head of the family, made an announcement, "Let this marriage be low-scale. We don't want the media to know about it. We'll arrange a grand reception to announce the couple."

Everyone present agreed to Omkaar's proposal, and they left the room, their thoughts already consumed with the tasks that lay ahead. The upcoming days were sure to be filled with hustle and bustle as they prepared for Aditi's union with Rudra.

Vaishali,couldn't hide her excitement, she exclaimed, "Now, I'll have a companion in this house to share everything."

Dhruv and laksh responded, "Now, we'll have another 'bhabhi' to trouble." Aarav, with a playful smirk, smacked their heads lightly and said, "Behave!"

The Suryavanshi family was about to embark on a journey of preparations, celebrations, and new beginnings as they readied themselves for the wedding of Rudra and Aditi.

•~•~•~•~•~~•~••~~••~~••~•~•~•~~•~•~•~•~•~•

Hello my lovely readers,

I'm thrilled to have you on this journey with Aditi and Rudra.

Your feedback📝 is incredibly important to me🫣. I'd love to hear your thoughts on how the story is unfolding 🤔. Please, don't hesitate to vote ⭐ and leave a comment.📝 Your engagement lets me know that you're reading📖 and enjoying the story😉, and it's the best motivation to keep those chapters coming.☺️

Thank you for being a part of this adventure!🤗 Your support means the world to me. 📖✨🥰

•~•~•~•~•~~•~••~~••~~••~•~•~•~~•~•~•~•~•~