(: How it all Started :)

It was a strange evening in the usually peaceful BFB City. The sky was dark and cloudy and the wind was causing belongings to fly away. People returning from work were quickening their pace as they made their way through the city and people who were already indoors were securely locking their windows and doors. It seemed that BFB city was to face its worst storm yet.

Lillian POV

What an unusual evening. The sky keeps getting darker and the news says that there is going to be a thunderstorm tonight. We haven't even had a storm before! Maybe they assumed that there would be a thunderstorm since it was darker than usual. Right? Yes, that should be it. Chloe works there, I'll go over to her place and find the answer to this. I grabbed my jacket and put on my shoes before stepping outside my house and securely locking the front door. Then I carefully made my way down the stairs of the apartment. I lived on the third floor so it thankfully wasn't a very long way down. I looked up into the sky, yes, it was getting darker but that didn't mean something bad was going to happen right? It was probably only going to be a slight drizzle. Nonetheless, I hastened my steps as I walked the few blocks to Chloe's apartment. 

I walked up a few flights of stairs, ugh I hate stairs, and rang the doorbell. A few seconds later, Chloe opened the door looking anxious.

"Oh, Lillian! It's you!" she exclaimed sounding disappointed.

"I didn't know I was so horrible that my best friend didn't want to see me anymore," I said rolling my eyes at her tone.

"Don't be silly! Come in!" she replied quickly before I could walk away.

I went inside and sat on her red couch while she sat beside me trying to maintain a calm composure.

"What's wrong with you? What are you so worried about?" 

"With the storm that's coming up, I don't know who wouldn't be worried!" She said looking worriedly out the window.

"Oh come on, a storm can't be that bad right?" I told her laughing. "Just a little bit of rain and some strong winds, what's there to worry about?"

"It's not that small of a matter Lillian," she said as she got up and started pacing the room. "The weather forecast says that the winds are going to be so strong that it can make heavy objects fly everywhere!"

"Stop joking," I told her still not believing a word she said. "Such a powerful storm in our normal and incredibly boring city? No chance,"

"Don't you watch the news idiot?"

"Don't call me that, and of course I do,"

"Then listen to what it says, its all true, BFB City is going to face the worst storm in history,"

"Are... are you sure?" I said finally believing her. I knew Chloe, and she wouldn't be able to act for so long even if she wanted to.

"For the last time, yes! You better go home and hope that Ethan comes home soon. I expect that he has returned yet, correct?"

"Ye.. yes, he hasn't"

"Good now g-" she stopped suddenly, a smile finally brightening her anxious face. She ran to the door and threw it open. I watched awkwardly as she embraced the man standing there.

"Oh, George! I was so worried!" Chloe exclaimed, squeezing him tighter.

"Chloe... can't... breathe,"

"Right, sorry," she said releasing him from her grip.

He entered the house and looked shocked to see me. 

"Lillian! What are you doing here?"

"Oh umm...I wanted to er ask Chloe about the storm," I said trying to hide my embarrassment.