Chpt. 24 Skype and Expeirence

"Jane is better." Thor said as they walked out of Loki's room. Loki shook his head "your simply wrong brother." Thor laughed and shook his head. They went to the living room. "Do you want anything to eat?" Thor asked, going to a box of fruit loops. Loki shook his head "I'm not hungry." Thor cocked his head to the side "how are you not hungry? you didn't eat breakfast." Loki shrugged his shoulders, and sat on the counter. Thor mimicked his action, and sat opposite him. "Loki, you, are eating right? you're just not hungry right now?" Loki put on a fake smile "yeah, of course. I had a big dinner last night." Thor bit his lip "I didn't think you had anything last night." Loki lied, he had to right? Otherwise Thor would think he was starving himself or something....that's not what he's doing is it? No. of course it's not. He's just not hungry. "I ate after everyone else." Thor nodded seemingly not convinced, but not going to push it any farther. "where is Jane anyway?" Loki asked, changing the subject. "New Mexico. She's studying Nero reactive somethings, I can never remember what they're called." He answered popping another handful of cereal in his mouth. "We use, sykrim? no, um, skylark? no, oh! Skype. We use Skype to talk." Loki gave a breathy laugh. "I have no idea what Skype is." It was Thor's turn to laugh "neither did I before Bruce showed me." would you like me to show you what it is?" Loki raised an eyebrow a him. "I don't believe Lady Jane is very fond of me." Thor gave him a serious look, "That was before she knew the truth Loki." Loki scoffed "That's how my life will be divided is it? Before the truth and after?" He sighed " how do we get to 'Skype'?" Thor shook the hurt from his face, and went to get his stark phone. He tapped a few icons, and he was on the Skype homepage, calling Jane. She didn't answer. Thor frowned, She must not be on. "Later?" Loki asked and Thor nodded "okay. what would you like to do for the remainder of the day?" As he said the words the elevator dinged, and Lillian, and Natasha walked in. Loki smiled, as Lillian walked over to him. They all stood in a circle and spoke. Well, Thor, Natasha, and Lillian spoke. Loki just listened. "We went down to the coffee shop by 3rd street." Natasha said "apparently Lillian had never had coffee." The three of them laughed, and Lillian cut in "It was so good." Natasha cut in again. "She had like three cups!" They laughed again. "What have you two been up to?" Nat asked. Thor shrugged "just talking mostly," He said and glanced at Lillian. "Is he okay?" Nat asked looking at Loki. Loki looked up at her "I am fine." He said slightly confused. Nat scrunched her eyebrows. "I need to talk to you Loki." She said and took him by the arm. "We'll be back in a minuet." She dragged Loki over to another room. Lillian looked up at Thor confused, and Thor back her, before giving a slight laugh "What was that about?" Lillian shook her head "I don't know." 

Nat dragged Loki behind a corner. "Lift your shirt." She said. and Loki raised his eyebrows, and moved back a bit. "why?" She sighed and rolled her eyes. "Just do it, now." Loki looked as if he were going to say something, but stopped and lifted his shirt. Natasha glanced at his stomach, and nodded. "You can put it back down now Loki." She said, her voice noticeably softer. "what was that about?" Loki asked. Natasha bit her lip. "you're not eating are you?" Loki opened his mouth and started to say something, but again, closed it. He looked at her, as if he was trying to read her mind. "Why do you say that?" He asked, crossing his arms in front of him. Natasha sighed "I can tell Loki, I have...experience." Loki locked his jaw "it, it's not like i'm doing it on purpose...I'm just not...hungry." He said,at the second part of the sentance the tone of his voice dropped to something softer, and he uncrossed is arms. Natasha sighed, and brought one of her hands up to rest on his shoulder. "When was the last time you ate?" He shifted his gaze to the floor "day before yesterday. I had an apple." Natasha closed her eyes for a moment "and before that?" Loki shrugged "A while..." Natasha rubbed her hand over her face. "Look, I know it doesn't feel like you're hungry, but you're damaging your body doing this...you need to eat." Loki rolled his eyes, and met Natasha's gaze "I won't tell anybody, if you promise me you'll eat. You really don't want to break my trust Loki, if you do, there's no getting it back." Loki took a shaky breath. "okay, fine." He pulled away from her, and made his way back to Thor, and Lillian. He plastered on a fake smile as he walked up to them. Natasha wasn't far behind. Loki grabbed an orange from the bowel on the table, and nonchalantly started peeling it. No one asked what it was they spoke about, and Thor was just glad he could see Loki eat, maybe he actually did just have a big dinner...