Chpt. 3 You stare politely right on through.

**Author's Note**

Hi guys, I love ALL of you and I am SO sorry for the SUPER long wait.

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-

        Loki sat on his bed not willing to sleep, but to tired to do anything else. He sighed and started to fiddle with the Stark-phone Tony had given him. After 20 minuets of trying to figure out how to turn it on and 10 of trying to find Pandora, he clicked on 3 doors down and Kryptonite started to play. Loki stared at the screen as if if were some strange, beautiful creature. No wonder He thought No wonder, midgardians have such an affinity for music. Loki listened to the whole song in awe before the next on came on, How you remind me by Nickleback. He listened to this one with the same enthusiasm, gaining a little piece of joy with each note. With each song, It's not my time and, Here without you by 3 doors down, he felt his eyelids grow heavier until for the first time in far too long he fell asleep. 

        He felt his eyelids drop, Finally he thought I can finally die. But Thanos wasn't letting his favorite toy go that easily. He woke again to a vat of acid being poured on his leg, He cried out in pain, magic quickly replacing the lost flesh. more acid was slowly added until Loki yelled out "STOP, please just kill me already, I'll do anything please!!" It wasn't the first time he had begged for death, but it was the first time He actually stopped. "anything?" 

        "Loki!, Loki wake up, it's just a nightmare, wake up" Loki shot up in bed to see Tony standing over him rubbing his hand. Loki saw the blue fade from his fingertips. After a moment of silence Loki spoke up,"next time you might not want to touch me if I'm in my Joten form, Our skin quite literally burns... normal...skin." Tony smirked, "Yea,.. I figured that much out on my own" Loki smirked as well despite how awful he felt both physically and mentally. "What time is it?" He asked rubbing his eyes. "about 5am" Tony yawned. Loki looked at him"really?" Tony shook his head "yea, why?" Loki's face light up for a brief second "I slept for 5 hours,..that's more than I normally get in a week." Tony looked surprised. "oh" was all he said. he turned to the door and began walking out. He was almost out the door when Loki piped up "wait" He turned around "thank you, Stark." Tony blushed (although he would never admit to it) "call me Tony." He shut the door behind him, and sighed. He stood there for a moment before going to find Bruce. 

        Bruce was in his lab...of course...working on some sort of something Tony didn't care about. He knocked on the door and walked in. "Hey tony, what's up?" he asked slightly suspicious. Tony held up his slowly blistering hand. Bruce chuckled "what did you do this time?" "I tried to wake Loki up when he was having a nightmare." "How did that give you frostbite?" Tony bit his lip"....I-I don't really know, when I went in there he was blue and he had these...like, lines, all over him" Bruce looked at him with fear in his eyes "wait...you touched him while he was in his Joten form?!" He asked and starred back at Tony's hand. "um...I guess....is that bad?" Bruce got out a shallow bowl and filled it with warm water "here stick your hand in that." he handed it to Tony "you're lucky Stark" Bruce laughed "how did he react to you waking him up" he said almost laughing. Tony couldn't suppress the smile that grew on his face "really well actually,...he told me not to touch him when he's in his "Joten" form, and he thanked me." Bruce laughed "wow, he's already warming up to you, It was just a month ago he threw you out a window" Tony grimaced but laughed at the memory.

Natasha made her way down to Clint's room and gently knocked on his door. She could hear a sigh and then "you can come in Nat." She turned the handle and walked in sitting next to him in his bed. "Hey" she said, and he rued his eyes "hey, what's up Nat?" It was her turn to sigh " I wanted to talk to you about Loki" He closed his eyes "Nat..." "look I know what he did to you,...and I know that you can probably never fully forgive him,...but please He is hurting,...REALLY hurting please, just try..." Clint brought his eyes up to meet her's. "I'm not angry with him at, I know it wasn't his fault,....but when i look at him i remember and...I just can't do it Natasha" She wrapped her arms around him. "Clint......that's how he feels when he see's you,...he remembers everything he did and he relapses,..you two have to try to work together..to help each other..please" He looked back up at her ".....I...I will try."