Chpt 12. Story of my Life

As the movie played out , the others would occasionally catch a glimpse of something in Loki's eyes, and It was Thor who figured out what it was.

Humor? No

Confusion? No

Pain? Yes

Understanding? Yes

Then he realized, this was his story, only he hadn't gotten his happy ending yet. "Love thaws a frozen heart" The t.v repeated and tears welled in Loki's eyes. Thor'd heart broke upon seeing his brother like this. Loki's face instantly changed, morphed into a completely un- showing facade. Thor whispered under hi breath "Loki, take down the illusion, I came to see you, not a clone." and in an instantly, the color flowed back into his cheeks, and his eyes became puffy and wet. He looked at his brother with an apologetic, sad smile. Thor rubbed Loki's arm. The credits rolled. Natasha and Clint had fallen asleep leaning on each other, and they were exhausted. Loki was head bobbing next to Thor as he made his way to his room. he opened the door, and tossed Thor a pillow and blanket. Thor studied them, unsure of what to do. "you can have the bed if you want." Loki said when he saw the expression on Thor's face. He waved a hand at him and sat in the chair next to his bed. Loki was asleep in a matter of minuets, but Thor had a harder time. He watched his brother, he looked so innocent when he was asleep, so peaceful. "...I have failed you. I never saw...anything. I thought that.....I am so sorry brother. I love you." Loki smiled "You have not failed me brother, not in any other way then disrupting the little amount of sleep I get." He teased, rolling over on his side. Thor blushed slightly, he didn't know Loki was awake. "I'm sorry I woke you." Loki waved it off, "goodnight Thor." "goodnight, Loki." They each fell asleep, peacefully,... for a while anyway.

At first Loki had a pleasant dream, a memory of him and Thor playing as children. His fortune quickly changed, his dream became one of Thanos. Thor woke up to Loki's cry. He stood and looked over his brother. Loki was entirely blue, and sweat streamed his face. Loki's mouth opened in a silent cry before a real one came out. A tear left Thor's eye, and he shook his brothers shoulder through the blanket, so he wouldn't hurt himself.Loki gasped, and tears filled his eyes. His eyes met Thor's and the blue faded from his face. Loki strangled a cry, as Thor crashed down next to him, enveloping his little brother in his arms. The brothers stayed there for a long while, until Loki let out a shaky breath. "I'm sorry Thor." Thor held him at arms distance studying him "for what?" Loki averted his eyes, staring at the ground. "...everything, I...I am just, such a bad person." Thor shook his head, with tears threatening to fall again. "Loki, you are not a bad person, you are a great person, I always envied you, you are smart, and clever, and.....I just.....Loki?" Loki stood and walked to the other corner of the room. "Thor....I am a monster" Thor stood "You are not a monster Loki..." Thor thought for a moment "you are no more of a monster than Lillian is, Her parents were liars, thieves, and murderers. Your true parents were the same, if you are to call yourself a monster you may as well call her one too." Thor turned on the lamp, and he could see the blue hue starting to take over Loki's fingertips. He could see the struggle on Loki's face, to keep it at bay. Loki clenched his fist and sighed when he let it go. Loki starred back up at his brother "I'm sorry" and in an instant, he was gone.