Chpt. 2 Step one, you say we need to talk.

Natasha visibly flinched, as if someone had just smacked her. "wait,..Loki, what?" she asked. Loki stiffened. "never mind,... I shouldn't have said anyth-" Natasha interrupted him "Loki, w-why y-your not going to- , Loki?" He stood up "Look,.. I'm sorry,..just, forget I said anything" he said and began to walk back to his room. "No!, Loki,...we need to talk" she said grabbing hold of his arm. "what about?" he asked. "Loki, I need to know that your safe" she said looking deep in his eyes. "from what" he asked looking at the ground. "yourself" she said "Loki, none of what happened was your fault!" She said raising her voice. Loki closed his eyes"....yes it is." he said "I gave in to him, I let the monsters into New York, I did, not him" he said yanking his arm out of Natasha's grasp. "Loki! It's not your fault, anyone could have and would have given in much sooner than you did!" "It's my fault my mother is dead!, I led them to her!" He pounded his fist on the wall "god dammit Natasha! It's my fault,...It's all my fault." he leaned his head against the wall. Natasha sighed and walked up to him "Loki....." She didn't know what to say, so she just stood there with her hand on his arm as he cried. 

        A rushed set of footsteps came from the hall, and Steve came running in, donned in his Captain America suit."Is everything okay?! I heard yelling, and then a big bang!" "Steve, go away." Natasha said in a harsh tone. "Why, what happened?" He asked lowering his shield. "Now Steve" She turned back to Loki, or where Loki was standing a moment ago. "Loki?" She called walking to his room "Loki, we need to talk" she said before realizing the room was empty. "Shit" she muttered "Loki!" she called again louder this time. No reply. "Jarvis, where is Loki?" The AI's voice came over "Mr. Laupheyson is on the roof Agent Romanova" "shit!" she yelled and began running up the stairs with Rogers following close behind. 

        Loki was sitting in one of the lawn chairs with his eyes closed. "Loki, what are you doing up here!" She asked sitting next to him. He cracked an eye open "sitting" he muttered. Natasha rolled her eyes. "Thanks captain obvious." She layed back and Loki moved over to give her more space. Steve shifted his weight uncomfortably. "Steve,...would you mind" Natasha said calmer than before. Steve turned and walked back down the stairs. "Loki, look, I know you don't want to talk about this but, we have to, okay?" She looked at his face, taking note of how his hair seemed to give off a green aura when it glistened in the moonlight.. He sighed "why, so that you can pity me?, so that you can know how broken I truly am , and try to fix it, only to fail in the end, and to realize that I'm not worth fixing?" He asked placing his head in his hands. "you don't need to be fixed,..you just need help" She sighed. " and even if you don't need fixing you are worth fixing." "how would you know?  you only met me a month ago, when I was trying to destroy this city. You don't know me,you think you do but you don't, and nobody cares about me who does, my mother is dead because of me, my brother hates me, and my father-who-is-not-really-my-father cast me down here without my powers in hopes that I would die. Tell me Natasha, would you want to live?" 

        Steve made his way down to his room to get changed back into civilian clothes before meeting up with Banner to tell him what happened. "It was Loki, him and Natasha were talking and,...I, I think he was crying." he said sitting next to the doctor. "do you know why?" Bruce asked "no, Nat seemed scared shit less though when he went to the roof." Bruce sat up"you don't think he was gonna,..jump,..do you?" He asked worried. "I don't know, I think that's what Nat was thinking though." He settled back into the couch. "weird." 

        After not receiving a response Loki stood up, and began walking inside. "That's what I thought" He muttered before closing the door behind him. Natasha sat there trying to think of a way to help him. Then it hit her, Thor can't really hate his brother can he? She had to find a way to get Thor to talk to him. But how?

**Authors Note**

Hi, Thanks so much to all my readers!! I was wondering what days would be best for updating on other than Friday and Monday, so any input on that would be VERY helpful. I'll try really hard to keep to schedule, but I might be off sometimes because I am also writing a The Hobbit fanfic called Forbidden Fruit, and we are supposed to have a bunch of testing comming up in school soooooooo ya know... But again Thanks SOOO much for reading and I LOVE comments, thay are VERY appericiated,... *hint hint* danke sehr bye. 

(for those of you who don't know danke sehr is German for thank you very much.)