Chapter 14 He begins to raise his voice.

Loki got up to leave, but stopped at the door, and turned back to Clint. "you asked what had changed.....He is, I don't know how to say it, Thanos is...getting louder, I guess you could say he's raising his voice, it used to be only every now and then." Clint bit his lip "how often is it?" He asked, hoping it wasn't as often as he thought. Loki sighed "all the time, I get, maybe twenty minuets a day to myself." Clint's jaw dropped, it was worse than he thought "It's like I'm still there." He said and opened Clint's door "goodnight Clint, thank you." Loki walked out, and Clint stood in awe. We didn't save him. Clint thought to himself, we just saved his body. Loki stopped at the door to his room, Thor was still in there. He turned and went to sleep on the couch.

"come on Lokely, why did you tell him about my little games? It's not as fun when people know. " Thanos sighed "oh well, I can still play." He circled Loki, who was struggling to get out of his confinements, "How are you doing this, where are we?" Loki questioned. Thanos laughed "oh, wouldn't you like to know. You see, We aren't anywhere...really, and yet, we are everywhere. We are between dementions, halfway here" He held out on hand "and halfway here." He held out another hand, then brought the two together. "and, technically, your body has been here the whole time, so has your mind. You just borrow them for a little while at a time, the I drag you back. You will never be safe son of Laufey, not truly safe anyway. It's all just an illusion, I can take you back any time I want." Thanos smiled and picked up a burning sword, laying it across Loki's bare back. Loki fought back a scream, he wouldn't give him that pleasure, not anymore. He clenched his jaw, and shut his eyes. Thanos lifted the sword "awe, is little Loki being brave?" He ordered a guard to to grab a bucket that was near Loki's chair. Loki sighed, expecting acid, but instead, salt was poured on his blistering wound. He let out a puff of breath, at least the wound wouldn't fester. It hurt like hell though. Thanos held out a hand and the guard stopped and backed away. Thanos smirked when Loki looked at him confused. Then he felt a piece of burning material pressed against his back, parallel to the one that he had just received. Loki gasped in pain ans let out a small whimper. When it was lifted Loki looked Thanos in the eye "I asked you once, why you were doing this, you said it was fun, but later asked me a 'favor', You already got what you wanted, you have the tesseract, i'm sure you have many other toys you could play with, why do you still want me?" Loki's voice was calm. Thanos looked at him like he was a small child, and spoke to him that way too, "because, my little fairy, you can still be of use."

Loki sat up, once again on the couch. His back ached, and he lifted his shirt up over his head so he could examine it. He walked to the bathroom, and looked in the mirror. Two blisters lay strewn across his back. He brought his hand up to touch one, and winced when it made contact. He whirled around when he heard a gasp. Thor stood there starring wide eyed at his brother. "w-what happened? Those are fresh." Loki quickly pulled his shirt back over his head "Thanos, when I was sleeping, somehow..." Thor paled, and wrapped his arms around Loki's shoulders, careful to not touch the burns. "He is in your mind, isn't he?" Loki nodded. "he took you between dementions, how did he get that much control over you? How many times did he go into your mind Loki?" Loki wiped away a tear "hundreds, thousands, millions, I don't know, I lost count after a while." Tears ran down Thor's face, "I must tell the all father, he can't keep you banished with all that has happened." Loki rolled his eyes "he doesn't care Thor." Thor shook his head "then I will make him care." Loki smiled, "just, return, okay?" Thor shook his head, and went to the roof.

"yes, Steve?" Loki asked, he had been hiding behind the corner. "oh, I, um."He studded. He walked the rest of the way into the bathroom. "So...you have Thanos, in your mind?" Loki resisted the urge to smirk at his ignorance. "yes, he likes to show me things I don't like to see." "how did he..do that, to you, if he's just in your mind?" Loki faced him "He isn't just in my mind, his mind is left over in my mind, so, if he wants, he can drag me back into what ever hell hole he wants." "why doesn't he just take you then?" Steve winced at how forward he was being, it wasn't in his nature to be so rude.

"I don't think he has enough power yet, he is getting stronger though, I think he is leaching off of me, charging, I guess you could say, off my power, and using it against me." Steve furrowed his eyebrows "if it's your power, why can't you control it?" Loki thought for a moment "If you buy an apple from the grocery store, the owners can't eat it any more, you can, it's all yours." Steve contemplated that, then asked "Then the owner, doesn't have that apple anymore, that apple is gone forever once the shopper eats it?" Loki nods "The owner may get other apples, very similar, but they will have to pay for them,and then, still, it's not the same apple. Only, in this case, I can get my 'apple' back, but only if Thanos dies." Steve straightened his shoulders, as did Loki, who grimaced at the pain it caused. "how do you...'pay', for the 'apples'." Loki smiled "that, you would not understand, but I can tell you, it's very painful, and very draining." Steve nodded, and he started to walk out. "we will kill him Loki." He said, and left. Loki rolled his shoulders, trying to relieve some of them pressure, but just ended up pulling on the burns instead. He sighed and went to Tony's kitchen, if he wasn't going to be sleeping, he may as well do something productive.....like...try to figure out how to use the microwave.

**Author's Note**

Hi, I was kind of reluctant to put this chapter up so please comment. I will greatly appriciate it guys. I love ya bye bye.