Chpt. 9 Try to slip past his defence.

Sorry about the wait, I love all of you, and thanks so much for reading. :)

"Tony, you mind giving me a hand?." Clint said into the microphone, it was a short fight, just a few stragglers from the New York attack. Apparently they hadn't done quite a good job of sweeping the area as they thought. Tony flew up to the top of the building and grabbed Clint taking him down to the ground. Loki swallowed hard, as he limped his way to the rest of them. He had taken out quite a few of the invaders, but one of them got a shot at his leg, and apparently Odin hadn't given him back all his power, his ability to heal himself wasn't exactly...working. A Shield helicopter landed near them, and they all piled in. loki set his foot down on the seat opposite him, making a bridge between the two seats, as Bruce inspected it, trying to figure out what to do. "It seems to be a mixture of a bullet wound, but bigger, and a burn, and....something else....I don't know." Loki rolled his eyes "It's dark matter, it sort of works like... an acid" He flinched at the word "but not exactly the same, It eats away the flesh, but spreads across the nerves first, to drag out pain,....I think it's what Thanos poured on my leg when he had me. But stronger, more concentrated." Loki laughed in spite of himself "Thanos seems to have a thing for acid on legs." He grimaced when he tried to move his leg. Bruce looked mortified as he grabbed two tourniquets, to cut off the circulation above and below the wound, to hopefully stop the so called 'dark matter' from spreading. Natasha sent him a weary smile, and Steve piped up "How come, when I got hit, it just blasted me back?" Loki huffed half in pain and half in annoyance "It was a different weapon you moron, only the chief's have Dark matter weapons." Steve's face reddened "oh."

When they go to Shield headquarters Bruce insisted Loki go to the infirmary in a wheelchair, and not put any more weight on his leg. Loki gave in, not particularly wanting to put weight on it anyway, in fear it might not support him. And he would be glad he did, because almost as soon as he sat down, he was out cold. When he woke up his fission was blurry, and he felt a stabbing, stinging pain in his left leg. He jerked up blinking fiercely trying to return his vision to normal. "Morning reindeer games." Tony said with a smile as he pushed a button on the wall, letting Bruce know he was awake. Loki groaned, his head felt like someone had set a bomb off in it. His hands flew to cradle his head "what did that supposed 'doctor' do?" He asked " 'that supposed doctor' " Bruce said walking in the room "probably saved your life. Whatever was in that ammo you were hit with was not just what you thought it was. It had huge amounts of various poisons,... would you like to list all twenty-nine?" Loki only groaned in response. "and you got yourself quite a concussion." Tony left, knowing that if he stayed, he would probably end up making Loki try to kill him....again. Bruce handed Loki two pills and a cup of water. "here, take those, they'll make you feel better." Loki eyed them carefully but popped them in his mouth. Bruce started to leave but Loki stopped him. "wait, can you get Clint for me?" Bruce raised an eyebrow but nodded and left. Loki sat up and rolled up his sweatpants to look at his leg. Bruce had wrapped it in a bandage, but he could see a mixture of red and black seeping through. poison. He reminded himself. Clint opened the door looking suspicious as he sat in the corner. "so, um, what's up Loki?" Loki looked him up and down "I am not saying you would, because I do not think you would, but if you ever hurt Natasha...well...let's just say I have my magic back now, no one will know what happened to you. She was the first person to listen to me in this insane realm, and she was the one that fought for me. Like I said before, I do not think you will hurt her, she loves you, and you seem to love her, I'm just warning you of what will happen if you do." Loki folded his hands in his lap and eyed Clint trying to pick up on an emotion. Clint genuinely smiled "I do love her Loki, very much, and I would never even dream of hurting her." Loki nodded "good." The men stared back at each other for a moment until Clint's phone broke the silence. He murmured an apology and left answering his phone. Loki unwrapped his leg once the door was shut and was taken aback when he caught sight of the wound. He swallowed hard and was hit with a memory...