Ch. 25: Riptide

The dragonets had then flown down to the beach, all while the young male Seawing stared at Clay, Permafrost and Phoenix suspiciously. Tsunami stepped in for them, which the male thought was weird and unnatural. Tsunami let out a sigh, walking up to Phoenix and smacking him on the head, making the male sea dragon freeze on the spot and prepare to attack him. "What are you doing?!" he whisper-yelled at her, a growl growing as he noticed the Skywing slowly turning his head to a smirking Tsunami.

"Ow." was all he said, and that combined with his neutral expression was all that it took for Tsunami to burst out laughing. "AH-HA HA!! Why do you have to be so serious with that?!" she spoke between laughs and breaths, falling over on the sand. Phoenix snorted, a smile growing on his face as he stared at his Seawing friend. "I dunno, why did you smack me in the first place?" "It's funny, and your reactions are funny!" she huffed, then took a breath and turned to the young Seawing. "We're the Dragonets of Destiny. Not your enemies." she said calmly now, turning to her friends again. Tsunami noticed Gill wasn't in sight, but thought he must be still asleep.

Sunny then tilted her head at him, her ears flicking upward. "So what's your name?" she asked him, to which he cleared his throat and went on to introduce himself. "Well, my name is-" "Riptide." Gill spoke as he walked up to the group, having now woken up. Tsunami noticed how Riptide had tensed up and had a look of disbelief as he stared at the pea green Seawing. "No way..." he whispered, his body slightly trembling. Tsunami was weirded out by this, and was thankful that Sunny broke the slight silence. "Riptide? That's a funny name!" "Nice. It's quite fierce and scary, like Tsunami's." Phoenix commented, laying on the sand in a loafing position.

Riptide shook his head, turning to the dragonets (mainly at Tsunami, Clay, Starflight, Sunny and Phoenix). "And you're really the... Dragonets of Destiny? The ones in the prophecy?" Tsunami nodded, confirming Riptide's guess. The male glanced at her, his face dropping to a slight frown. "And were you all really raised in a cave? With no ocean?" Tsunami huffed, sitting tall. "Not until we escaped." "But that's awful!" Riptide stated with concern, to which Phoenix nodded. "It is." with confusion Riptide narrowed his eyes, almost hesitating to say his next part. "And Webs... did Webs ever take you to the ocean?" Sunny looked up at him, curiosity sparkling in her eyes. "You know Webs?" Starflight then stepped forward, putting a talon on the Sandwing's shoulder. "He's Riptide's father."

Just then he was glared at by Riptide, but the Nightwing only shrugged. "What? It's not like it'll remain secret for long, anyway. Queen Coral would have told Tsunami anyway. Webs is infamous for stealing Tsunami's egg anyways." he stated, keeping his face neutral. Riptide sighed, knowing this was true. He then took a breath, glancing up at the dragonets, mostly at Starflight to see if he knew what was to be said next. "And I'm sure Bli- Queen Blister wouldn't want you to talk about the prophecy, right?"

Phoenix glanced at Starflight with confusion. Why was he referring to Blister as queen, when he himself had agreed that she seemed too manipulative? "You're right, Nightwing. Queen Blister doesn't like us to talk about the prophecy." Tsunami then scoffed, crossing her arms. "And since when did Blister get to decide what Seawings talk about?" Riptide shot her a glance. "You'll want to take after the Nightwing and call her Queen Blister when you meet her."

"Look, Riptide." Gill sighed, stepping towards Riptide. "We're not calling her "Queen" until the dragonets make a decision." he stated, causing Riptide to be taken back. "I didn't believe in the prophecy at first, but now... I have to believe it. They did save me, and have met Burn already, even if it wasn't the most pleasant first meeting." Starflight hummed, turning to Riptide. "I mean, Queen Blister is pretty good." he muttered to himself, and then went on and on about how a smart Sandwing queen would be good for the tribe. Tsunami stared at the Nightwing, then tapped his shoulder. "What are you rattling on about now?" "Nothing."

Phoenix then spoke in. "Anyways, we're focusing on finding our families. We just found out that Tsunami here was royalty and stolen from the hatchery, which the culprit is Webs.." he heard Tsunami growling silently at that, knowing she now disliked the Seawing. "And we thought that her parents would want to find her like in-" "The Missing Princess." Gill and Riptide said at the same time, getting Tsunami's attention. Gill had now turned to Tsunami, his emotions all over the place. The female Seawing turned to him, her expression showing shock. "You know that story?!" she asked, glancing at Gill then at Riptide.

"It's required reading at school." the young male said, folding his wings in. Phoenix tilted his head. "Required reading?" he asked. Gill glanced at Tsunami's wing membranes, looking to see something on them. "Light up your scales. Please." Tsunami hesitated, and was about to light them up when Riptide spoke up. "I would love to help you, but..." he glanced at the Mudwings and Skywing sadly. "I cannot you to the palace, not with them." Starflight rubbed his head, looking at Riptide. "You're in enough trouble with Queen Coral, yes, but you could just blind fold them if it calms you down." he stated, having Riptide think about it. "We can do that, I guess. But we'll have to blindfold all of them."

Glory snorted, grinning smugly at Riptide. "What am I going to do? Round up some scawy Rainwings to sleep on your roof?" she teased, ignoring the Seawing's eye roll. "Scary Rainwings? Pfft. What a thing to say." "No blindfold for me then." Starflight flicked an ear, facing Riptide. "Nightwings know everything, so there's no point in keeping things hidden from them- us." "You can blindfold me! I don't mind!" Sunny suddenly exclaimed, causing Phoenix to look at her weirdly.

Tsunami laughed at this, then went up to the Sandwing. "If you blindfold Sunny, she can ride on my back." "Or mine." Starflight said, then turned to Clay and then to Tsunami. "You can lead Clay and Permafrost, Tsunami." Of course this annoyed the Seawing, but kept to herself as they wanted Starflight to give out the orders instead of her.

"Ew! It's so wet and slimy!" Sunny exclaimed as the seaweed made contact with her face. Clay, now blindfolded, then made the weirdest comment. "I like wet and slimy." "CLAY!!" Phoenix cried out, also being blindfolded. "That just sounds SO wrong!" "What? It's the best feeling! Especially slimy-" "If we can get you some food will you stop with that?!" Phoenix pleaded, and sighed when he heard Clay go "ooooh". "Alright! Yep! Food!"

Tsunami had never heard Phoenix sound so relieved when groaning, and found herself almost bursting out wheezing at the conversation.