BK I Epilogue I: Betrayal

On an island, unknown of the location, Morrowseer stood with his signature scowl. The Nightwing was talking to the Sandwing princess, Blister, about something.

The sand dragon scoffed at something, flicking her black tongue. "So what proof do you have that I'll win?" Morrowseer, not looking down at her, only huffed as he scanned the sky. "Trust me, you're the one." His eyes darted back and forth from cloud to cloud. "Burn and Blaze will die. We have chosen you to rule the Sandwings, Queen Blister."

The Sandwing eyed him suspiciously, as if what the Nightwing was saying is false. Nonetheless she trusted him only because he offered to aid her in the taking of the throne. "What if the dragonets have their own ideas on who should be queen?" "They won't. The Nightwing dragonet has his orders." with this new information Blister chuckled, pleased to know it. "A traitor tearing them apart from the inside? My kind of plan." she grinned evily, looking up at the old Nightwing next to her. "But we also expect what we were promised, and you'll need to take care of their guardians." Blister scoffed, flexing her stinger. "Not a problem."

Just then, Kestrel landed behind them and became puzzled as she noticed the night dragon. "Morrowseer? What is Blister doing here? You said the dragonets were in danger!!" she stated, moving up to them, standing between the two dragons. Morrowseer only sneered at her, his expression unchanging. "And you came running." he ignored her scoff, looking out to the horizon. "It appears you have not done a very good job with your charges." Kestrel silently growled. "Hey, they're alive. Aren't they?"

Morrowseer gave no response, which concerned the Skywing. She turned to him, her mind somewhat rushing. "Aren't they?" she asked again, to which Morrowseer only huffed. "You have disappointed the Nightwings." "I work for the Talons of Peace, not the Nightwings. I kept them alive like I was ordered to."

"I'm sure you did your best." Blister comforted her, but this was not a genuine comforting. She put a talon on her neck, faking a comforting smile. "Dragonets are such a bother, aren't they? Isn't it nice that they don't need you anymore?" Kestrel became uneasy, unsure of what the Sandwing princess was planning now. "Of course," Blister continued on, her tail raising and being pointed right at Kestrel. "That means nobody needs you." "What do you-"

In an instant Blister stabbed Kestrel through her chest, and right before the Skywing could yell the Sandwing slit Kestrel's throat to silence her. The princess then shoved the sky dragon down the cliff, only the audible thud of her body impacting the rocks below being heard. If the venom or the blood filling her lungs didn't kill her, the fall surely would have.

Morrowseer turned to Blister, still with his neutraly menacing expression. "So we understand eachother." he stated, which was more of a fact that a question. "I believe we do." Blister responded, her head up and mighty.

She stared him in the eyes as he did hers, both knowing what the other wants. "Give me the dragonets, and we'll both have everything we want." They then went to their separate ways, putting their plan into action. Blister had a grin on her face the whole way to the Seawings' kingdom, as she felt the plan would work perfectly.

As far as she knew, nothing would fail.