Ch.22: What now?

"Look! There they are!" Sunny exclaimed happily as she spotted the rest of her friends, looking around with confusion once they landed. "Where's Plummet and Tyto?" she asked, earning a head rub by Phoenix. "They went somewhere to be safe and out of the war, but we might see them again some day." "Ohh okay!"

"Starflight!" Clay yelled then ran to the Nightwing who looked at Glory with relief. "Glad to know you're all safe. Good thinking on the shifting to Mudwing colors, Glory." "Oh." Glory then shifted back to her neutral colors. "Thanks, Starflight. How did you know it was me?" "I could read your mind, and judging by its tone I knew it was you."

Sunny went up to Starflight, wrapping him in a hug. "Morrowseer dropped Starflight off on us fro the sky! Isn't that great?" Tsunami joined in. "Aren't Nightwings ever so helpful and never infuriatingly cryptic at all." She sarcastically said, grinning along. The Nightwing gently pulled himself from his friends' grasp. "I tried to get him to bring me back, but he would not let me go. He said they couldn't afford to lose any dragonets, even the 'peculiar little ones'."

Sunny patted his shoulder as comfort. "You're not the peculiar one. I'm the one who's peculiar!" "So am I." "You're not peculiar, Perma. You're just special in your own amazing way." "That's the same!"

Glory nudged Clay, intertwining her tail with his. "I'm sorry for what happened with your parents and sister, I-" "It's okay, Glory. What matters is I have dragons who want me at the kingdom, but I also have you guys. You're my troop, my family." Tsunami nudged his shoulder with her head. "Which is why you're the best friend we have!" Sunny then jumped on him. "Yeah!"

Phoenix joined in, feeling Clay wrap him and his friends with his wings in a hug. Glory then looked down at him, her scales turning pink. "So what now, Bigwings?" Clay thought about it for a moment, shrugging. "We'll go to the Kingdom of the Sea, and we'll stick together the whole way, like Mudwings." He stated, holding his friends close. "No matter what happens." Then with that, they broke the hug and began to make their way down the stream, to the Bay of a Thousand Scales.

Clay had offered to carry Gill, as the Seawing was still to weak to move by himself. They kept on walking, hoping to find the underwater kingdom and find Tsunami's parents. As far as they knew, since Blister has the Seawings on her side and they might meet her, and it would turn out right.