BK II Prologue I: The Plan

Around five years ago.

A two year old Seawing dragonet was standing upright, trying to reach for one of the scrolls that was perched on some hooks. She couldn't reach it due to her small height, and was about to give up. "I'll help you, Tsunami!" said the Skywing, Phoenix, as he stood under the scrolls for the Seawing to use him as a step stool. She managed to reach the scroll, now stepping off of Phoenix. "Thank you!"

With that, the sea dragonet trotted over to Starflight. "Hey, Starflight!" she called out, stopping just next to him. He stared at her for a moment, then with a sigh he held out his talon. "Alright, I'll read The Missing Princess... again." Tsunami grinned, sitting next to Starflight as he read the scroll out.

"Mad with grief, the queen exclaimed. 'Oh my egg! Who could have stolen my egg!'" Tsunami cut him off, pointing to one specific part of the scroll. "No, skip to the end!" Starflight sighed, but complied to reading his friend's favorite part. "'I knew you'd come back to me! I knew you were trying to find your way back! I never stopped searching for you!' Her joyous parents threw a feast for the whole kingdom. They dined on oysters, turtles, and whales." A smile grew on Tsunami's face as she finished after Starflight. "And they all lived happily ever after. Together."

The Nightwing dragonet sighed as he rolled the scroll again, walking over to where Phoenix stood, using him as a step stool to reach the top hooks. When he put the scroll in its spot he went over to the other dragonets who were being watched by Asha and Hvitur. "Hey guys!" Tsunami yelled to her friends, trotting closer. Clay bounced towards her, a big smile on his face. "Hiya, Tsunami!" Tsunami grinned, playfully tackling him. They both then began to play fight, while the other dragonets watched.

Asha watched as she laid next to her now-husband, Hvitur. They made sure that the dragonets weren't given tough lessons from Kestrel, but they knew that the Skywing had her own ideas and ways of teaching.

Five years later, after the dragonets' capture...

Webs now stood before the Talons of Peace, but he didn't have good news of the dragonets' whereabouts. "Webs" asked the Seawing, Nautilus, the leader of the Talons of Peace. "We heard the dragonets had escaped. Why?" his tone then switched to a sharp one. "Why did they run away? What did you do?"

Shaking and his gills flaring, Webs thought of an answer. "We- we kept them alive." "And trapped them underground, chained Tsunami, and planned to kill Glory and Permafrost because Glory was not a part of the prophecy since we had Phoenix, and Permafrost was never meant to grow with the dragonets since he's a hybrid..." his mind said it, but he did not echo all that.

"Surely you caught the runaways and brought them back." a voice spoke from the shadows, and from them stepped out a female Mudwing, Crocodile, who was new to the Talons of Peace. He hoped to have an ally at the moment, seeing as she was sympathetic to him in their few meetings. "Er... n-no." he stuttered, curling his tail in. "They, um... they sort of came back on their own. To get the others.. we... we weren't expecting it." "Kestrel had thought they would be gone as soon as they hit the sky." The Seawing thought, averting his gaze from the other Talons.

Nautilus gave an unapproving hiss, lashing his tail. "It sounds as if they felt like prisoners." Webs flinched, feeling as though he would melt from the multiple eyes on him. "You told us to keep them underground!" he protested, finally looking up at Nautilus. "That was a decision made by all the Talons!" "But we wanted them agreeable, not rebellious!" The green Seawing replied, disappointed by Webs.

A murmur broke out among the circle of seven dragons, as far as the cyan Seawing could tell. He wondered if he could fight his way through seven dragons. "It was not our fault." he murmured, looking down at his claws. "Maybe there's something wrong with them." Just then Cirrus, an Icewing, hissed whilst lashing his spiked tail. "What does this have to do with the Skywings?!" "The Skywings followed Clay and Tsunami back to the cave." he explained, leaving Permafrost out of it. "She killed Dune and took Kestrel along with the dragonets."