Ch.21: Clay's Sibs

They went on to leave the kingdom, but on the way Clay kept his head down. Permafrost hated seeing his cousin like this. "She could be wrong! M-maybe your dad would want to know you-" "There's no point in trying. I have nothing here." Tyto huffed, looking up at the flying troops. "Didn't Cattail say there were six other eggs in your hatching?" Glory remembered the Mudwing saying that. "Yeah! She did say that!" Clay didn't spark in hope, still keeping his head down. "Well what if she's right and they don't need me?" he then exhaled sharply, turning to Glory. "What do we do now?" The Rainwing shrugged, rolling her eyes. "Well Princess Tsunami wants to go-"

They were suddenly stopped by a small red Mudwing. "Hey! Stop! Who are you?" Clay lifted his head, surprised by this sudden action. "Hey, we were just leaving." all of a sudden four more Mudwings arrived to the scene. The larger of the group then made his way to the group, studying each dragonet. "We heard you talking about Cattail's blood egg." he said, to which Glory nodded. "Yep." The smaller Mudwing inched closer to them, curiosity shining in his eyes. "What happened to it? Do you know? Did it hatch?"

"Who's asking?" Phoenix asked the Mudwings, suspicious about the group. The large Mudwing then went onto introductions. "I'm Reed." he the pointed to each Mudwing, starting with a gray-brown female. "This is Sora," then to a yellow Mudwing, "Pheasant," going onto a brown-orange dragon next to him, "Marsh," and finally to the small red Mudwing, "and Umber."

He then turned to the Mudwings, hope filling his voice. "Did one of you hatch from a blood red egg? Are you our missing sib?" Clay then began to smile, his eyes lighting up. "I hatched from the blood egg! Wait, could we be siblings?!" Umber then flew up to him with excitement. "I knew it!! I knew he felt familiar!! I told you!" Reed was equally as happy, but so was the rest of the sibs. "You're our brother! You should have been with us all along!" "He's not just our brother!" Pheasant then went up to Clay, a grin on her face as she put a talon up to where his height reached. "Look at the size of him! He should be our Bigwings!"

Reed then looked down with guilt. "Oh, that's true." Clay noticed this and went up to the Mudwing, putting a talon on his shoulder. "What's wrong, Reed?" Reed sighed, his gaze still on the ground. "Our sister, Crane." Pheasant went on, her expression showing hurt. "Two days ago, in the battle by the river." Clay was taken back, realizing one of the Mudwings down there was his sister. "I was not the Bigwings I wanted to be." Reed admitted defeatedly, but the rest of his sibs comforted him. "You were amazing, Reed." Pheasant said, and Marsh piped in. "We'd all be dead if it weren't for you!" Reed didn't agree with what they said, as he couldn't save Crane. He then looked up at Clay with hope. "But that's okay, because you're back and you can be our Bigwings!"

Clay liked the idea of being with his biological sibs, as he could race with them, protect them with his fireproof scales, train them with Kestrel's techniques, and sleep together in the warm sleephouse. Finally he could be somewhere he would have somebody in.

But that would mean leaving his friends, probably to never see them again. He also was never in a battle, and was so sure that he wouldn't be able to lead his siblings into battle. That could get them all killed, and Clay couldn't bare to lose more of his sibs, for that would be too much.

With his mind made up, he knew just what to do. "Reed, you're their Bigwings. I couldn't replace you even if I tried." Permafrost then hopped onto his back, resting his head on Clay's head. "Yeah! Besides he can't stay here! He's our Bigwings!" Reed seemed a bit puzzled, but tried to make sense of what would happen. "Are you sure?" Phoenix stepped forward, ruffling Permafrost's head. "I'm afraid we have a destiny. Our Bigwings here will lead us to try and stop the war."

Umber hopped forward with shock, staring at the dragonets with awe. "The prophecy! That's you!!" Clay nodded. "That's us!" "A-and you're the Wings of Sky?!" Phoenix shrugged, looking down at the Mudwing. "Eh, more or less." Clay playfully nudged Phoenix, looking at the sibs. "Maybe once the war is over I could come back?" he asked, and Umber hopped with excitement. "Yes yes yes!!" Reed nodded, waving at Clay. "You're one of us. Come back any time!"

"Well, goodbye. Take care!" the group then left the Mud Kingdom, stopping at a lake nearby. Once making sure there weren't any other Mudwings nearby Phoenix jumped in the water, washing away the paint and revealing his blue scales. "Ahh finally! I'm glad that paint worked, but it was driving me crazy." Clay laughed at him, splashing him with water. "Missed a spot." then the Skywing pulled him in the lake, sending water flying. "Missed a spot."

"I guess this is goodbye for now." Plummet stated, standing next to his brother. Glory sighed, giving the brothers a nod. "Alright." Phoenix then grabbed Tyto's talon and shook it. "Thanks for the help. Now, soon enough the war will end and you'll be safe." "Thank you, Phoenix." Then the yellow Skywing took off, stopping to wait for his brother. Plummet looked at Phoenix with worry. "Will you be ok?" "We will. Don't worry. Just go on and stay safe."

With that, the Skywing took off behind his brother and off to where the Talons of Peace resided in. Phoenix was just glad that they would be safe and away from the war. "C'mon, Phoenix. We have to go back to the others." Clay pulled him out of the water, patting his head. "Yeah, I know."