BK II Prologue II: Portal Plan

"Wait- WHAT?!"

That was all the feline could say, clearly slightly puzzled at this new explanation. "I get teleporting to another dimension, but to a whole ass BOOK SERIES??" Raven sighed, turning to CC then back to Lunar. "I know, it's crazy. James got teleported to the Wings of Fire universe, but for what? He would be seen as just a scavenger and either be kept as a pet, killed and stuffed, or... eaten by the other dragons." She shuddered at the last part, her fur spiking.

Jason put a hand on his chin, thinking of a reason for this to have happened. "Maybe he's there to guide the dragons?" he guessed turning to Raven for answers, but the hybrid dragoness shook her head. "It's a possibility, but he might not have the dragon language in him, which would be heard as squeaks by the dragons and roars, growls, and hisses by him."

Elly turned away to the results of the machine, and sure enough on the screen, with the familiar font, it said "Wings of Fire". Her sister had told her all about how that world worked, ranging from their abilities to how their kingdoms are run. The direwolf seemed worried, though, as there wasn't a way to know at exactly what time or place he was teleported into. He could be teleported at any part of the storyline, whether it be the time of Darkstalker, the War of Sandwing Succession, Pantala at the time of the Tree Wars, the Scorching, anything!

The only thing she could think of how to get her friend back was to create a portal that lead to it. That lit her light bulb, and she tapped on Raven's arm to get her attention. "What is it, sis? We need to figure out on how we can possibly get James back-" "Couldn't we just make a portal to take us there?" she suggested, and everyone turned to her. "That's a great idea!" Jason said, rubbing his hands as he zoomed to an empty spot in the laboratory. "Wait... if we're gonna make a portal, which of us should go in? I mean, it would seem dangerous..." he explained, now making the others nervous for this whole thing.

"You're right. It would be quite dangerous, and it could risk us getting hurt or killed." Mellow mumbled, rubbing her head. Raven then went to speak. "Actually guys I-" But she was interrupted. "But then that would be leaving James in a world where he basically knows nobody!" Dakota huffed, his tail lashing. CC sighed, turning to Jason who had began to charge his arms with plasma. "Dakota's right, James is out there in a book series where he could get hurt or killed. I'm pretty sure you would take that risk if it means saving your friend." "Guys-" "You're right, I'm sorry. It's just... what if something happens and we don't come back?" Mellow now seemed truly worried, taking a step back.

Lunar put a paw on her back. "That won't happen. We'll make sure of it, ok?" Mellow nodded, giving a small smile. "I ca-" "Can't we just pull him out of there when the portal is done then?" Jason asked, once again interrupting Raven. Elly shook her head. "No we can't. If there's an event happening right now and if we take him out during that it could mess up that universe and possibly affect ours." she explained as Jason went back to thinking and charging plasma.

"You guys!" Raven yelled out, speaking over everyone. "I can go in there!" CC shook her head at that, setting up the portal frame. "No, it would be dangerous even for-" "Did you forget I'm basically a dragon?" the hybrid stated flatly, pointing to her horns, spikes, tail, and wings. "Ohh. Oh wait! Yeah!" Lunar nodded, circling the dragon. "Yeah, but you would severely stand out like that." She said, to which Raven shrugged with a smile. "Eh, I can just shift into my animal form and-" Lunar held a paw up, stopping Raven. "I know, you could pose as a Nightwing, but the things that could make you stand out are your bright colors, the lack of star speckled "scales" under your wings, your ears, tail, and horns."

Dakota then pointed out her fur. "Not to mention she is too fluffy." Lunar shook her head, scanning Raven's fur. "I doubt the Nightwings'll even care that she has fur. As long as she's black with star speckles she should blend in completely." The feline explained, going to get some fur dye and paint. "Be right back!" Raven then turned to the T-rex, giving him a reassuring look. "They won't care enough to look at my horns, ears, or tail too closely. But to have a better chance I could just do this." she then closed her eyes, shifting her focus to changing her horns shape. They glowed brightly, changing their shape from curled to straight back.

"Huh, nice." Dakota muttered, feeling Raven's horns. "Just keep your ears tucked in back and they won't notice." he suggested, earning a thumbs up by the dragon. "I'm back!" Lunar yelled, signalling to Raven to follow her. "C'mon, fluffy. Let's get your Nightwing disguise on." she then left the basement, with Raven following.

Jason gazed at CC, who had set up the frame and was ready to light it up. She nodded, watching as her friend moved the plasma orbs to the frame. "Okay, guys." she exhaled, moving her hand to the button. The rest of the gang moved back a safe distance from the frame, as it could get messy. "Let's light this portal up." She then pressed the button as Jason pushed the orbs into tbe frame, and then the lighting of the portal began.

But they hadn't guessed that it would be a trial and error, and so they would be there for hours trying to light the portal.