Chapter 6

The windows of the front of the building were glistening with light. Iniya was downstairs in the bathroom brushing her teeth. It was 6:45 am. She was up early because of the pain her arm was bothering her. She started to resent Alex for it. They barely made it alive and they weren't even armed. Yesterday was just a whole mess and Iniya wasn't in the right state of mind. She thought if they didn't come to the party none of this would have happened. She started to resent Alex for it.

Even though they finally knew who Orgain AKA Mono000 was, Iniya still didn't think that whole mess was worth knowing. There could have been better ways to find out who he was. And what were they even trying to do? Just get information then leave? It would have worked if there weren't robots. Iniya thought. Even though that was true she still didn't like the way Alex planned it. She was just frustrated in general.

As she walked out of the bathroom and up the stairs she found Alex walking in the hallway. Great. Iniya thought. Now as she was thinking about that inconvenience of a man, there the inconvenience was. As they walked past each other Alex stopped and turned to look at her. Iniya kept walking. "Something on your mind?" he said casually. "I don't want to talk to you.'' Iniya said coldly. "Is your poor arm still bothering you?" he said with a slight sarcastic tone. Iniya didn't expect him to say that. She looked back at him.

"This is all your fault. I don't know why we even went along with your plan." Iniya said. Alex looked at her. "There were a lot of complications along the way. The robots." he said looking at her. "Why did we even go to the party? We could have found information online. We didn't have to go through that. You seem totally unfazed at this at all." Iniya said, her voice getting louder.

"I do care," he said simply. Iniya didn't want to hear it. "I don't want to speak to you. Ever. Why would I talk to a guy who doesn't even know what he's doing? They could have killed us. And it seems like you wouldn't even care." Iniya said, looking away. "Tell me. How does it feel to be such a snake?" Iniya said coldly, still not looking at him.

Alex walked up to her. "I am not a snake. And I do care." he said looking at Iniya frustrated. Iniya pushed him away with her hands. "You really don't." Iniya said. She wanted nothing to do with the man. She started walking away from him. Alex's eyes widened. He felt weird. Like he had been punched in the gut.

Iniya felt something on her shoulder. It was Alex's hand. "What the hell do you want?" Iniya shouted. She looked behind her. Alex quickly grabbed her hands towards him. He Was looking at Iniya with so much concern and empathy. He was looking at her with doe eyes. He looked so helpless and just wanted to beg for Iniya's forgiveness. Alex didn't like seeing her like this.

But it was his fault. He had suggested the idea. They had little time to prepare and Logan only found out about this information a day ago. It wasn't planned decently at all. He felt guilty in his heart. And the fact that he had seen Orgain punch the middle of Iniya's arm made him feel so much hatred for the man.

Alex was a bit of a formal man. He believed if he would apologize he would really mean it.

Iniya looked at him. He was looking at her. "Iniya..." he started. "If I come off as always careless I don't mean it that way. I'm always trying to be on my guard. But if I am careless, I deeply apologize.
As for what happened yesterday.." Alex hesitated. Why was he nervous now? Was he always nervous like this? He cleared his mind and focused on Iniya. His eyes lightened.

"I was.. I was so worried about you." He said, still looking at her. "I'm sorry." he finally said. Iniya looked at him nervously. She hadn't expected him to apologize. She thought he was going to be a complete dick about it. Alex seemed to be complex. She didn't expect him to be so...