Chapter 14: Medicines

Magsimula sa umpisa

All of a sudden, he jumps in your direction and catches you, making the two of you falling on the ground, him on top of you.

"Are medicines terrifying you so much that you are trembling?" He says with a hint of annoyance.

You cover your mouth with your hands so he can't force anything inside. He did try to remove them but you would not stop moving your body just to be free from him. He then suddenly grabs your throat and forces you to stay still.

"Stop fucking wriggle like a worm! It's a simple medicine that will make you feel better after 5 days." You squeeze your eyes shut and keep your hands on your mouth. He heavily sighs of annoyance.

"What do you want to hear to accept drinking it? Psychology? Alright, then what would you say if I told you your parents would have loved having medicines to cure the illness they suffered before dying?"

You immediately frown and you look straight at him. He catches you off guard and removes your hands to force the spoon in your mouth. He then removes it and blocks you mouth so your only choice is to swallow the medicine.

However, once the liquid hits your tongue, it sends a sweet taste to your senses. Like a strawberry one. Once you have swallowed it, you watch Dottore smirking down at you.

"So, does it taste ' bitter and disgusting '?" He asks and you frown at him. You grab his collar and bring him closer to you.

"Why are you spreading shit about my parents?"

"Oh come on, don't be so embittered." He shows a wide smirk and you push him away.

You get up and walk back to your bed, where you simply let yourself fall on it and bring the covers up. This little chase quite tired you.

He stands up and sits on the edge of the bed, your back faces him.
"Don't talk to me, I'm mad."

He rolls his eyes and rests his arms on the side of your thigh, while his head rests in his arms. He looks at you with a smirk.

"C'mon, don't be so embittered. At least you have taken one out of the six medicines you should take. No worries, any have a bitter taste."

You stay silent, not looking at him. He eventually sighs and lay down behind you. He embraced you in his arms from behind and caresses your hands. He leaves a small kiss on your neck.

You turn around and let your head rests on his chest as your arms tightly hug him. He then reach out for something behind him and gives you some pills for you to take. You gulp and swallow them without taking a glass of water.

Dottore gives you a side eye of judgment, wondering if you are truly a psychopath to even manage to swallow a rather big pill without water.

"Bittersweet, but fitting." You simply say with half lidded eyes.

"Pills and syrup, twice a day during five days. The rest must be taken once a day for the same duration." Dottore speaks, to which you lazily nod.

The two of you stay silently in each other's arms before he speaks again.
"Tell me, do you think you can provide me some of Baizhu's bitter medicines?"

You look up at him with a confused face.
"What would you do with them?"

He simply smirks and let out a small chuckle.

~~~~~~~~~

You watch the waiter who serves tea around the table. The Harbingers and their assistants have been required to dine all together in one of the big dining rooms. The Tsaritsa is as well present.

The waiter serves first the Queen, and then the rest of the people. After serving Columbina's assistant, it is the turn of Pantalone who watches closely the tea pouring in his cup. After a few seconds, he slightly frowns and his smile turns backward. His red eyes squint slightly and he shakes his head.

"I refuse to drink this tea." His voice is haughty and harsh.

Everyone turn their gaze toward him and some start looking weirdly at their tea.

"Is there anything wrong Lord Pantalone?" Asks Columbina with her angelic voice. His mouth turns back into a smile and he shakes his head.

"This aroma is not to my liking. I will simply pass this one." He calmly says and you squint your eyes.

He recognised the tea.

After serving the rest of the table, Dottore gets tea poured in his drink. He then slides the cup in front of you.

"Mr.(L/N), you just come back from a flue. Please take this for your health."
You frown at him and send him a death glare.

"You must have poisoned your glass with some traditional herbs because you know I despise those. Drink it yourself."

The waiter asks if you wish some tea and you send him a death glare, telling him to pass. Once he finished serving everyone, the Tsaritsa speaks some words and everyone starts drinking.

And there are two case scenarios: they make grimaces or they spit out their drinks.

Most of them spit it out.

Dottore and you laugh at their reactions while Pantalone simply chuckle to not let down his "gentleman mask". Dottore gives you a high five and everyone stares deadly at the two of you, making you laughing even more.

"Only the banker didn't fall for this one, but oh My Tsaritsa, I should have done this way sooner." Dottore laughs and you try to calm yourself down.

"I have been raised in a nation where traditional herbs are used as medicines. The bitterness is detectable just by the look." He speaks with his smooth voice.

"And even sugar doesn't make the taste go away." You say before drinking a glass of water.

"You all rats are just so fucking sensitive. The taste is more than enjoyable; don't let it go to waste." Scaramouche speaks, leaving a long silence in the room.

Bro must be high on drug rn; no way he can like those herbs

The very First then gets up and look directly at Dottore and yourself.

"Dottore and Mr.(L/N), I believe some solitary confinement will be appreciated."

Dottore shrugs while you just stare at the First with an expression that only reads "I do not fucking care".