Chapter Forty

40

The last thing I want to do right now is stay at home. When I was a university student, being alone was the best feeling in the whole world because you see people you don't know every single day. Well, I know them but I don't bother to engage any form of social mean with them.

Yeah, that's how anti social I was even for a university student.

But during my check up, my doctor told me she can sense I was under a lot of stress and that's not very healthy. I was always a chill person, I didn't care about the world until Louis woke me up from that isolation.

She advised me to cut down my work hours but by the time I hit 7 months, I have to stop completely because it's too dangerous. I could go into premature labor and that's the last thing I need right now.

And honestly, it's difficult not to be stressed in a household like this. For some reason, the kids are fighting even more these days. Even Louise is engaging in a fight with her sister or brothers and that rarely happens. Seth and Summer got a verbal warning from their headmistress about their behaviour in class. Mostly speaking in chorus with the other kids to sabotage their chance in class participation.

I don't even want to start on Louis. Really, I thought things would change but nothing really changed. In fact it's actually worse. I thought that another baby would make him choose his family over work even for just this time but it never happens. It's Niall always taking his place even during my check ups which is supposed to be his job!

"What did the doctor say?" Louis asks but he's focused on the game plan on his desk.

"Cut my hours at work... You would know if you tagged along like you promised." I say as I tug my sweater over my stomach. I flip my hair out and pulled it in a ponytail.

I hear him take a deep sigh before turning around. "I'm really sorry, Meg." He says apologetically.

He's always saying that sometimes I think he's not sincere enough. I don't know when to believe him and when not to believe him because he keeps doing it again.

But this time, I ignore it. I don't want to worry anymore so I let it slide.

"Also," I say, digging something out of my bag. I take something out of the pocket, a sort of board paper, and hand it to him. "You would've found out first than Niall that you're having another daughter."

As I said that, I notice his eye start to water. "I can't believe Niall knew before I did." He says in disbelief. Quickly he wipes his eyes and drops the sonogram on his desk.

"See, you can't always put Niall to cover up your absence. One thing is Niall is not you," I tell him as I cross my arms. "He's a really good friend, Louis, but there are important times I wish you'd be the one with me."

"Didn't we talk about this?" He asks in an impatient manner.

I don't know but sometimes I feel like I'm talking to a zombie.

I sighed in disbelief, shaking my head. "Yeah and I recall you told me you'd come with me during these scans? Isn't that what you told me?" I ask him but his silence is pissing me off in every way.

"I gotta go," he says, dismissing the conversation. He stands up, taking his coat from the closet and slipping it on in quite a hurry. "Blaine's probably out of school now." He tells me in a quite expressionless way.

After that, he walked out. I try to ignore the fact that it's only 2pm and the kids don't get out of school until 3. It's the end of the week and that means Blaine's got football practice this afternoon. Meaning he's gonna end late.