Chapter Thirty Six

36

"Good morning, Megan!"

I smile up at the security guard as a response. "Good morning, Carlos, how are you?" I ask him, digging my bag for my studio ID.

"Doing good... How was the holiday?" He asks me. I give him my studio ID for him to scan.

"It was okay... Caroline's in already?" I ask him, dismissing the conversation of our vacation right away. Luckily, he doesn't press on.

"Yes, Caroline came in a couple minutes ago. Oh yeah, she told me you've got to see her when you get in." He says, handing me back my ID. I clipped it on my collar then said goodbye to Carlos.

I enter the studio and everyone's bustling at 7 in the morning. It's one of these days when no one notices anyone but themselves and their tasks. It was difficult pushing through the crowd in the hallway because everyone's heading different directions.

By some miracle, I reached the staff room. Caroline and Alice jumped when I stumbled in the room. "What's going on out there? It's more crowded than usual." I say, putting my bag down. Caroline stood up and hands me an ear piece.

Once I turned it on, there were mixed voices in my ear that it's almost deafening! I shut it off right away, a smirk on Caroline's face.

"A singer's making his debut music video... They need someone like you on set." She tells me.

What? "Shouldn't I be heading to post production now?" I ask her.

She smiles and pushes me out the door. We wave back to Alice who simply smiles and continues drinking her coffee.

"You've done the layouts, yeah?" She asks and I nod, pulling the flash drive from my front pocket and put it in her palm. "Brilliant... I've got everything under control back there, all right? But now, they need you in set 21... If they're done with that by lunch time, you're good to go." She notices my shocked look and continued, "It's my word, don't worry."

Why do I always get assigned to people with debuting careers? First it was Corwin now it's... Whoever this is, he'd better not be as bad as Corwin... Or worse.

Carlos smiles at me as I get out of our main set. I wave to him before hoping on a golf cart. I tell the driver to head to set 21, which is at the very back. It took a good 5 minutes before we reach the set which shows how massive the studio compound is.

"Thanks." I say getting down the cart.

I make my way into set. I see the usual thing, people setting up and everyone going back and forth. One lad came up to me and gave me an earpiece and tell me the background of the production.

It's basically just a debut music video for an upcoming artist. When I asked him where he was, the lad told me he's in his dressing room getting ready and he should be out soon.

A static was in my ear piece and a voice of a man came in, "We're heading out. Stand by."

A man, around my age, comes out of a corner with a massive headphone on his head and speedily talking on his mic. He's the director, I would know. Somehow I hear him shout out of stress, "What? Who's Megan?"

Casually, I walk up to him as he's done talking in his headphone. "I'm Megan... I've been requested out from set 12 to be here." I say reluctantly. For a while he was just eyeing me but then tells me to stand by.

Stand by where, I have no idea until his assistant tells me to tell the apparent 'star' to come out of his dressing room.

Jesus Christ this is like Vlad all over again.