【S2 Blue Lock Saga】heated

It was the day of the match and Yui woke up groggy. She vaguely remembered tossing and turning in her sleep last night. Her body was heavy like lead and a constant pounding in her head brought forth black dots that swirled in front of her eyesight.

Trying to unnerve the pain, Yui hid inside the safe comfort of her blankets, only to feel a wave of coldness and shivers occassionally befall on her.

Ring. Ring. Ring. Her phone vibrated in a familiar melody and the girl scrambled from beneath the covers to reach for it.

«Hello?» Yui said whilst a burning sensation went through her throat. Her usually soft, wispy voice was dry and cracked like chalk. The sharp cutting sensation got the girl to winch slightly.

«Goodness Yui... don't tell me you're sick?» A feminine voice said. Yui recognized it as her best friend Megumi's voice.

Yui immediately jumped up from her bed when she slowly realized why her friend had called for her, and remembered what day it was!

«I'm not!» Yui said and immediately regretted speaking up. She coughed a few days and winced as the pain shot through her whole body.

Yui tried to get off her bed but soon found everything in her room swirling.

«Do not move! I'll drop by in a second.» Yui heard Megumi sighed over the phone.

Yui opened her mouth to refuse and say something but her friend had already ended the call. Only the beeping sound of the dead phone line remained.

Yui sighed and slumped onto the floor. How could she get sick now out of all times? This just wasn't fair. Yui mourned and stared up at the familiar ceiling. Despite its beautiful brilliant colors she couldn't find herself cheering up at the sight of it, like usual. In her heart and mind there was only one thought present...

'I want to see, Sae.'

˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ .      . ✦     ˚     . ★⋆. ࿐࿔
   .     ˚     *     ✦   .  .   ✦ ˚      ˚ .˚    ✦   .  .   ˚ . 
O R B I T
✧̣̇˳·˖✶✦

Megumi soon arrived and entered the building with the spare key card Yui gave her when she had moved in.

The apartment was lofty and simply decorated. It had the bare minimum of everything and Megumi slowly made her way towards the room, which she knew was Yui's bedroom.

The moment she opened the door Megumi froze with a light startle.

«My God, Yui.» She said and hurried towards the girl who lay onto the floor in a fetal position. She was tightly hugging her pillow while doing so. Her cheeks were flushed and breathing ragged. Megumi could immediately tell that yes her friend was sick. Pretty much so.

Megumi helped Yui up and gently seated her onto the bed. Yui must have woken up from being manhandled as she started to open her eyes and giggle weakly.

«Gumi-chan~ You're here! Help me change, okay?» Yui said half-asleep.

Megumi sat her down onto the bed and stared at her with her hands on her hips. A small frown was on her pretty face. She put a hand onto her forehead and another one onto Yui's. Her eyes narrowed even more when she realized the burning heat that came from Yui's forehead.

«Did you take your temperature? It doesn't look good.» Megumi said and looked around for some medicine.

Yui just waved her off weakly.
«Let's go, I want to go! I promised Sae I would be there... and Rin is playing too...» Yui said inbetween coughs. Her voice was light and melodic. Yui attempted to leave the bed once again but Megumi pushed her back down with a hand on her shoulder.