【Shooting Stars】together they shine pt I 1/3

The next day Sae woke up to yelling. At first he thought he was dreaming but as he gradually got more and more awake; he caught words and voices that didn't seem to be his family's.

«Who the fck are you?!» Rin yelled angrily at the intruder in his eyes.

—————
An hour prior
Today Rin had woken up a tad bit earlier than usual. He remembered heading to the bathroom just in time for him to bid his parents goodbye as they rushed to leave. At this time, Sae was still sound asleep.

After a fresh shower Rin was fully awake and thus he decided to start his day early with some breakfast before he headed off to training.

When he stepped into the kitchen, he went to the fridge and got some bacon, sausages and eggs which he then fried. He left aside some leftovers for Sae, and then plated his own share with some veggies. He then grabbed one of the drinks Sae had gotten yesterday and done was his lazy morning breakfast.

The quiet morning hours made Rin feel drowsy. With nothing else to do he chose a seat at the dining table and turned on the Smart TV.

The screen popped up with a light and coincidentally one of Sae's matches started playing. Rin recognized it as a recording and he checked the TV only to see an USB-Stick inserted into one of the built in adapters.

This match took place at the start of Sae's career and it was filmed with professional motion cameras owned by the Football Association. They used them to analyze and strategize the workings on the field as well as an individual players habits, form, etc.

This one was from a camera that focused solely on Sae. It gave Rin the chance to take a good look at his brother's outstanding talent again.

Just as Sae was about to score, the door bell rang suddenly.

«?» Rin checked the time. It was only 7:38 am. He didn't know anyone that would visit them this early. Thinking that it might have been the delivery man, Rin paused the video. He left his seat at the dining table and went to open the door.

«Hello?» He greeted through the intercom.

It was silent at first but then a voice spoke.
«Good morning! We are friends of Sae's. Is he there?»

'? What? Frie- FRIENDS of Sae's? Nii-san has friends..?' Whatever it was, Rin's drowsiness completely disappeared the moment he took these words in. «...»

«Hello?» He heard the voice speak through the intercom again.

«Nii-san, is still asleep...» Rin continued hesitantly not sure what to make of it.

«That's fine! We came here to get him. Are you his brother Rin? Can you open the door? It's weird to be talking to a door.» Yuusuke admitted in a humoring voice. Behind him were Yui, Takao and Megumi.

The older twin, Megumi seemed hesitant while Takao seemed a bit amused by all of this. Yui on the other hand just peeked at the door from behind Megumi curiously.

Rin thought for awhile but he then slowly opened the door. He was intrigued as to who these people that called themselves Sae's friends could be.

This was a big mistake as he will soon realize.

The moment he opened the door wide enough to gap through, Yuusuke as if waiting for this moment had pushed the door open.

«Wai-» Itoshi Rin couldn't even slam the door back for two reasons.

First, Yuusuke had securely secured his foot between the gap of the door and the frame.
Secondly, Yuusuke was stronger than most people their age. He was not only trained in material arts but the years of basketball have also strengthened his body well.