【Belt of Orion】three stars lined up

A few days passed by uneventfully for Yui and her friend group, yet for Sae it was another day of dissatisfaction. The last few days Sae had taken the time to listen to a few people play during break or after club. His newfound interest in music has become a new kind of rumor spreading around the school.
The football genius, Itoshi Sae is in love with pianists. He's into classical music and plans to study it. Itoshi Sae can also play an instrument and is not only talented at sports but music as well... - Rumors like that quickly spread around these days.

In Sae's eyes these rumors were nothing but stupid talks. He couldn't let himself feel bothered by them but he gradually grew more and more frustrated the more he realized how different the same piece could sound given the player.

Sae didn't want to admit but he realized that in the end, not anyone will do. No one could compare to what he wanted.

This epiphany was strange to him and he didn't know how to handle it. Everytime he looked at that sheet of paper Yuusuke had written for him, he felt another sense of despair.
It feels like failing. To put effort into something and then failing was an experience Sae was not familiar with and truth to be told, he hated it. It was frustrating, agitating and angering. In football he saw rewards and results given his effort, yet these last few days, despite looking for people and asking them to play the result was nothing but disappointing.

Given this first time experience of his, Sae wanted to give up. In the end, it wasn't helping him get closer to his goal at all but...

Did he really want to?
—————
Today's lunch was different than usual for Yui's group. It all started with An being busy with club practice, then Ageha was asked to help model for the photography club and Megumi was off with her duty in the broadcasting committee.

Even Shuu who was always with Yuusuke was absent today saying that he will go with Ageha this time. Yuusuke of course didn't mind and let his friend go and do his thing.

Yui too did not stay in the classroom, the way she always used to do. Part of it was because of how different it felt to sit at their desks during lunch with half of the group absent or missing, another part was simply because she had missed out on packing her bento last night and thus a trip to the cafeteria for some refreshments was needed.

Seeing her go Yuusuke and Takao decided to join her.
«It's a nice change of pace to stop by the cafeteria after awhile.» Takao had said after he had returned from the teacher's office.

Yui and Yuusuke nodded at that and together they went to the cafeteria.

The cafeteria was located in a different building connected by an annex. Leaving the building for the first years they had to pass through the inner courtyard that connected their building to the main one.

From not too far away, the sound of cheering could be heard. Curiously Yui turned to look at the direction the sound was coming from.
Among the fence that covered the football field a horde of girls and guys were standing cheering and admiring the football players on the field.

«Looks like Sae is playing.» Yuusuke commented and Takao nodded in agreement.

Yui looked at them curiously. She remembered the friendship between them and Sae.

«Does he play often?» She asked out of curiosity. In Yui's opinion Sae's playing must be beautiful to look at if he was able to gather such a huge crowd all the time.

Little did she know that most of the people weren't merely watching because of his talents and skills but rather many (especially among the girls) were watching and cheering for him for his stunning looks.