Prolog【Orion】the tale of a sky full of stars

It was a beautiful summer day that marked the beginning of their story. Upon entering Sakuhanabira Middle School as freshmen this spring, three months had already passed since school started. For many of them it was the time to meet new classmates, new teachers and new curriculums. Among those freshmen was Nakahara Yui. Fitting in and meeting new acquaintances was always nerve wrecking for the introverted girl. Yet seeing how she was surrounded by a group of friends right now, she would say that she handled that new beginning quite well.

When she looked around the desk she sat at, six bubbly, friendly looking faces were happily and actively engaged in a conversation with each other.
At the sight of them happily chattering, Yui smiled along.

«Oh? Yu-chan! An-chan was asking if you wanted to go to karaoke after school today.» Mizono Megumi, a beautiful girl with long black hair and glasses asked. Megumi was not only a bishoujo. She was intelligent and friendly as well, making her the trusted class president of class 1-B.

Yui was very grateful to have Megumi as a friend. Despite only having met each other a few months ago, the two girls clicked with each other right away.
«Karaoke? Don't you have club practice today, An-chan?»
Yui diverted a question back to the girl called Yagumo An. An had short brown hair that shimmered slightly in the sunlight. She was an athlete and had been playing tennis since she was a toddler. It was rare for her to not go to tennis practice after class.

An lazily leaned forward with her head supported by the palm of her hand and she replied after taking a sip out of her juice package.
«Noope~ Practice is cancelled today. It seems like coach and captain are busy and the seniors also had some business to do at Kanagawa.» The usual perky girl sighed tiredly and rested her head on the table.

«I'm so bored... Hey, let's go to karaoke, or to the arcade, even shopping is fine although it's boring. I just can't stand not doing anything after school!» An whined pitifully and Yui empathically rubbed her friend's back.

She was about to say something when another deeper voice interrupted.
«Come on, don't be such a wuss, An.»

An's eyes narrowed immediately as she eyed the speaker.
«Ha?!» She sat straight up and glared at one of the guys that has been sitting at their table. Usually the guys would just talk among themselves or hover over their phones. But upon hearing An's complaints Yuusuke had decided to step in. Sano Yuusuke and Yagumo An have been friends since childhood and they always had some weird kind of rivalry going on.

Not to mention they bicker and fought a lot.

Yuusuke caught An's glare with a smug grin. «Does the spoiled little Princess have too much time on her hand to spare? Why do you expect for people to go along with your whims? Can't you figure it out yourself, what to do?»

The two guys behind him lamented the confrontation. One was sighing, while the other rubbed his forehead as if he's feeling a nasty headache.

«Rude.» An commented coldly far too used to her childhood friend's childish taunt and sunk back onto the table, drained of energy and not sparing him another glance.

Another softer voice emerged from the side and she gently patted An's hand.
«An-chan, we can go to the city afterwards if you want to. My sister told me about this new cafe that recently opened and the desserts there are supposed to be very delicious.»
The girl with soft baby features and beautiful light-colored hair said with an angelic and blinding smile.

An immediately felt healed by the pure and lovely doll like girl in front of her.
«Ageha-chan~» An mumbled with tears in her eyes. And before Tachibana Ageha knew, she was engulfed into a strong hug.