【Shooting Stars】together they shine pt II 1/2

Wednesday - The Week After
«As of now this will be the starting line-up for the incoming match this weekend. We expect you all to be in tip-top shape then! It will be the last official match before the tournament so I expect everyone to do their best!»

«Yes!» The club members replied towards their coach's words respectfully.

Said coach nodded in acknowledgement. «Good. You are dismissed!»

Without being told twice the students and club members left the premise one by one.

Sae too trodded along with his towel and water bottle in hand.

«Itoshi-kun, may I have a word with you?» His coach, a retired professional player from the Japanese Team, requested.

Sae obeyed. «What is it?»

«Your preparations are going well, I assume?» The coach asked.

Sae just responded to that with a raised eyebrow. He didn't get why his coach would ask a question as unimportant as this.

The coach saw the aloof boy's reaction and cleared his throat once.

«I assume they are then. Now, here's what I called you for. It's more of a request than a suggestion but...»

—————
Awhile later Sae returned from the shower. He listened to the few talks of his upperclassmen while he dried himself off and got changed.

One of them, a regular and probably the second best player of the team - Sae was still better by a large margin, of course - turned around to face him.

«Hey Itoshi, you little star. I didn't expect for you to get a girl this soon before leaving! Did the anxiety get you?» He had said as he ruffled the younger teens hair.

'?'
Sae gave him a death stare. However his senpai didn't waver at that. Instead he continued his rant.

«Arw, come on now. Don't act clueless with your senpai! You know people have been seeing you everywhere together. Hanging out with the "Allstars", I mean.» His senpai clarified and Sae just wished for him to shut up.

The other seniors who had noticed Sae's gradually worsening mood tried to step in and stop their friend from agitating him further. However a dangerous glare from said upperclassman stopped them.

«Come on, let's go.» They whispered to one another and left the locker room. Now, only Sae and his senior remained.

After awhile his senior broke the silence. «Hey, where did you get that bracelet from?»

Sae who was already halfway done continued to ignore his senior.

«Everybody has been talking about you guys running around with these... what was it called 'friendship bracelets', right? How ridiculous. You have friends? Don't mess with me.»

After Sae heard these words, he understood why his senior was here.
'Jealousy. Fear. The weak are always oppressed by the strong.' In this case his senior felt oppressed by Sae's astounding skill and talent level.

Suddenly his coach's words made sense.

«It's more of a request than a suggestion but... please give Kota-kun chances to score.»

'Pathetic.' Sae thought. Seeing his senior's nasty jealousy, twisted Sae's stomach further. Sae decided that he had enough and packed his bag now that he was done changing.

His hair was still wet but he figured that he didn't want to hear any more of the disgusting things coming out of his senior's mouth.