Chapter 50

Surprise

"Tom where are we going?" Azazel giggled as she stumbled a little. Tom led her with closed eyes and she pouted. "It's a surprise Bellum. Shut up." She shut up and sulked as he held her hand and guided her.

It was their last day together and Tom wanted to spend it in a way they both would never forget.

They came to a stop and Azazel's excitement peaked. She bounced on her feet and urged Tom. "Come on, open my eyes. Get this damn cloth off!" She felt his fingers work on the knot and slowly the cloth covering her eyes was gone.
She opened her eyes and to say she was surprised was an understatement.

Azazel's eyes widened and her lips parted in awe. Her eyes twinkled and she took in her surroundings.

She was standing under the night sky filled with stars and the moon shone brightly in the sky. A small pond was to her left and a swing situated to her right.

"Tom-" she was cut off as Tom shook his head and held her hand. He directed her close to a plant beside them and made her touch it.

A soft gasp escaped her lips as golden, burning fire flies took off into their surroundings from everywhere by the small disturbance. Azazel's lips broke into a mesmerized smile and she took in how beautiful the scenery before her was. The fire flies danced around, lighting up the whole place making it more beautiful.

She looked up at Tom to find him already looking at her. "Tom it's beautiful." She breathed out and he smiled fondly at her. "You are beautiful." Azazel blushed at that and hit his chest playfully.

"Seriously, thankyou. It's amazing. I love you." Azazel tip-toed and hugged him by wrapping her hands around his neck. Tom's hands circled her waist and squeezed her small body. "Your welcome El."

He pulled away and led her to the swing and made her sit. Azazel looked at him with a funny expression and he only gave her a cheeky smile. "I am not a baby Riddle." She joked and he went behind her and started pushing the swing. "I never imagined myself to say this but..." he paused and Azazel enjoyed the sway of the swing. "You are my baby."

Azazel threw her head back and laughed loudly at the cheesy line and shook her head in disbelief. "Eww! Who are you and what did you do to my asshole Tom Riddle?" Azazel scrunched her nose and he rolled his eyes at her antics.

The swing stopped and Azazel looked back confused. Tom was not there. She frowned and stood up.

"Tom?" She called out but there was no response. Panic struck and she started looking around frantically.

Soft music started playing and she stopped moving around like a headless chicken. Tom walked out from among the tress, his hands behind his back as his eyes was set on her and the way he looked at her. God, she melted into a puddle.

His eyes were crinkled because of his wide grin that brought out his cute left cheek dimple. He slowly walked towards her and Azazel's panic subsided at the sight of him. When he finally stood infront of her Azazel glared at him with her hands on her hips.

"Idiot! Where did you go? I got scared-" she cut off by him pulling one of his hand from his back. A bouquet of roses were beautifully wrapped together with a ribbon and were being presented to her.

Azazel gaped at it and then at his face. Her fingers slowly held the bouquet and she smiled down at it. "Thankyou handsome." She smiled up at him and he only smiled.

"Azazel" he said and she looked up at him, her eyes meeting his unsure ones. His smile was gone and he was chewing on the insides of his cheeks.

"You are nervous Tommy" she said and placed a hand on his arm, softly running her hand up and down. He seemed to relax and took in a deep breath.

"Azazel, I never thought I would be doing this. Heck, I have been doing only things I never thought I would do ever since you came into my life." He chuckled and she smiled. "I started chasing after a girl. I started pestering her. I started missing her annoying presence whenever she ignored me. I started wanting her. I started needing her." He then smiled and tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear and caressed her cheek.

"Then I slowly started loving her." Azazel smiled widely though confused with the sudden display of affection. "She brought out the best of me. She made me a human being and saved me from myself. Thankyou for that."

Azazel could only smile as her cheeks were a bright red and her eyes were holding nothing but love and adoration.

"So, now, I am not surprised I am doing this."

Azazel gasped and almost dropped the bouquet of roses at what he did next.

Tom was on one knee before her and holding a small box with a beautiful ring in it that sparkled and reflected the light of the moon and the fire flies brightly.

Azazel felt tears prick in her eyes and she clasped a hand over her mouth.

She was dreaming. Definitely. No doubt. This would be the best dream if it was a dream. She will never forget it. Never.

"I know we can't be together forever. We can't even be together from tomorrow. So I am doing this." He looked up into her now teary emerald eyes.

"You know, your king doesn't like having any regrets." Azazel let out a strangled chuckle at that and nodded.

"Here goes nothing..." he inhaled a deep breath.

"Will you do the honour of being the one and only in my life, no matter where we are. Together or not. Will you marry me Azazel Bellum?"

He was waiting for her answer. Looking up with expectant eyes and his triggers turning.

Azazel's tears blurred her eyes and she looked up.

No cage.Check.

She looked back at him and smiled through tears.

"God I'd marry you with paper rings and Adélard as the priest Tom Riddle!" He laughed and she joined in too.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

The word echoed in her head and she took in a deep breath before looking into his beautiful blue eyes that were holding all the love the world had to offer her.

She kneeled infront of him and held his face between her hands and nodded.

"Yes. A million times!"

Thankyou for reading!

Azazel Bellum really has changed Tom Riddle. Hasn't she?

Thoughts?