Chapter 45

Reeeeaaalllyyy

"Thankyou" Azazel thanked Tom as he helped her out of the taxi and he only held her hand and led her inside the Avery manor where the others were waiting for them. Adélard and Abraxas walked ahead while Reginald followed the couple.

Azazel was not able to recover from the loss and still only spoke to Tom, that too only when he spoke to her. He treated her like she was fragile and for once, Azazel let him. Because she was fragile. She broke down at random times and nightmares never left her alone at lonely nights.

She has been clingy and never left Tom's side for the past few days. Azazel was afraid he was annoyed and would snap any minute but she couldn't help but find comfort in him.

Sometimes she forgot to do even the basic things. He had to remind her of everything. She forgot to shower, even brush her teeth sometimes. And when she did, she brushed for too long, showered for too long. Once Tom had barged into the bathroom and his face was one of terror.

When she had asked what happened, he had said she was in there for hours and everyone were worried. She only blinked in confusion and looked down at the cold water.

"Azazel?" She heard and looked up at Tom who was holding her close. "Yes?" He gestured to the couch and she looked at it. "Sit down? I am sure you are tired from the travel." He suggested and she nodded. He made her sit on the couch and let go of her hand making her frown. "Where are you going?"

"Nowhere. I have some things to do. Will be back before you realise I was gone. Hm?" Azazel hesitated but hummed in reply anyways. "Hm."

"The boys will keep you company while I am gone." He said and Azazel nodded. She watched him leave and then was left alone with her own thoughts. She stared at nothing in particular and sat with an emotionless face. She always felt empty and lost. She hated but couldn't help it. A part of her was taken away from her. A part she had grown to love in a short time. A part she hoped to have in her life as family. A part of Tom. A part of their love.

"Azz.." she heard and her blank eyes stared at the five boys standing infront of her. When did they come? She had not realised they were there. How long has it been?

"Huh?" She said and some of them sighed. Rosier sat beside her and she watched as he hugged her. She only blinked and sat there as he kissed her head. "How are you?" He asked once he pulled away and she stared.

"I am fine." The usual bubbliness and alive nature in her voice was gone. It sounded bland and emotionless, like she was speaking for the sake of answering and she really didn't mean anything that left her mouth.

"Oh love" Reginald muttered and sat on her other side. He watched her suffer and saw how much everything affected her physical and mental well-being. Something in him ached to comfort the witch and take care of her. After all, he did like her lively nature. Though he never really interacted much or entertained her antics, he loved watching it.

"Azazel" Reginald called and she turned to the tall boy. He smiled, the rare, teeth bearing smile that was reserved only for a few people. "I am going to let you call me Regi." He said and her lips twitched as he wiggled his eyebrows. "But you are going to go out with us and get your mind off of things." He said and she frowned. "Do we have a deal Shortcake?" Azazel smiled at the nickname and nodded which earned her a kiss on the cheek from the Nott heir.

"Get your ass up then Shortcake." He stood up and held his hand out for her to take. When she did take it, he pulled her up on her feet and she was dragged out of the manor along with rowdy boys laughing and shouting stupid things.

Maybe she'll be able to forget everything for some time. They are not bad company after all.

***