Chapter 18

Let go now

It had been a week since everything happened. After everything, Azazel had apparated all of them to some secluded building in a forest. None of them knew where they were but no one dared to wake the witch up.

Immediately after they entered the building Azazel had locked herself in a room and had been sleeping for the past week. Only Tom entered the room a few times and left it in a few minutes.

"Do you think we should wake her up? We are already a week late to school." Valerie asked from where she was seated on a couch in the small living room.

"No" was all Tom said as he stared at the wall like he did for most of the time the whole week.

Lestrange, Nott, Malfoy and Avery had started training their magic and physical fighting skills in two days since they arrived. Harry had left the place in two days. They explained everything to him, about knights of Walpurgis, about Azazel, everything. He seemed pissed. And he left.

"I am sure our parents are worried. It would be a mess when we go back" Rosier said and Valerie nodded.

"Knowing Harry, I am sure he wouldn't have even went home nor bothered informing everyone of our whereabouts." Valerie said and let out a defeated sigh.

"I'll wake her up" Tom finally said and moved his gaze away from the wall and to his followers. Valerie looked a bit relieved and nodded at him as he stood up to leave to the witch's room.

He took slow, drained steps towards her room which was in the first floor and opened it slowly. He closed the door behind him as he entered and took tentative steps towards the bed where she lay motionless. Her tired face covered by her dark black hair as her small figure was covered by the thin blanket.

He sat in the edge of the bed and moved the stray strands away from her face. She looked peaceful and tired.

He gazed at her porcelain features as the familiar fragrance filled his nostrils and the unwanted feelings spread through his chest. Tom was fighting himself, fighting her, fighting the fucking feelings.

He didn't know what they were. But it was consuming him from the inside out and he hated it. He didn't like being controlled by stupid feelings. He was not a normal person to be driven by stupid feelings.

He pushed all the thoughts away and swallowed the lump that was forming in his throat.

"Bellum" he whispered as he pulled his hand away. She did not budge. He sighed and annoyance and irritation built up.

"Azazel" he tried again but there was only a slur from her. Tom ran a hand through his messy curls.

He placed a hand on her cheek and whispered again "El".

"El..wake up" he said and a groan left her lips.

Azazel's eyes slowly opened and she squinted in a moment of confusion before her emerald eyes met his ocean ones. She blinked a few times and opened her mouth to say something but closed it again. The words unsaid.

Tom didn't say anything either and just sat there while his hand rested on her cold cheek as she leaned more into it.

Azazel tried sitting up and Tom helped her lean on the headboard as he placed a pillow between her and the hard wood.

"I am sorry" Azazel said and her eyes left his for a mere second but Tom pulled her chin back up and made her meet his eyes.

"You have no reason to be." Tom said and pulled his hand away. Azazel felt cold immediately and longed for his touch but she would never admit it. Instead she hugged herself and sighed.