Chapter 36

Promised

Azazel watched as Tom Riddle went up and received his award for special services to school and frowned.

Rubeus Hagrid was framed by Tom Riddle for the murder of McLaggen. She couldn't help the sickening feeling in her stomach and her frown deepened as he made his way back down and sat beside her.

"No congratulations?" He asked with a coy smirk and Azazel only glared at him. "I'll take it then." She could feel all the burning eyes on her, everyone was looking making her feel uneasy. He pecked her on the lips and gave her a smirk. Azazel's eyes were so wide she thought they might just fall off.

Did he just?!

Tom was never one to display affection so openly. He was just playing with her. It had been a week since they returned to school and they both did not talk about anything besides Grindelwald and the problems at hand. Azazel made sure to maintain her distance from him because he was not glancing her way either.

And now that there was so much attention on them, he was doing this? She knew not to fall for it. The feast began and she could hear everything. Everyone were talking. Talking about them. None of them even had the decency to not be obvious and stare.

Azazel grumbled and dug into her food. She was hungry and she was going to eat and leave. She will not entertain whatever sick game Tom Riddle was once again playing with her.

Her hand unconsciously went upto her lips and rested there. He really did do that. She shook her head to stop thinking about any of it and just eat.

"You both are so cute!" Aurora chirped from across the table and Azazel wanted nothing more than to just snap the girl's neck. Azazel gave a fake smile that was sickeningly sweet and said through gritted teeth. "You should know darling, we are anything but." She wanted to punch the smirk on Tom's face while the others snickered at her anger.

"Sick dicks." She muttered and shoved food into her mouth. "Language Azazel." Adélard grunted from beside her and she glared at him. "Okay father." Adélard chuckled and threw a hand over her shoulders. "More like brother love." Azazel's lips slowly curled into a small smile.

"Eat up. Let's get out of here. People make me sick." Adélard muttered and Azazel nodded before finishing her food and grabbing Adélard's hand before leaving.

"Azz" he said and Azazel hummed in reply as they made their way to the common room. There were no classes for the morning and Azazel was glad she did not have to deal with any peanut sized brains.

"What was in that bag Leta gave you?" He asked and Azazel stopped walking. "Why are you asking?" She asked with furrowed brows and he shrugged before continuing to walk. "Curious. Have been thinking about it for a while." He said and Azazel frowned.

"Did Tom ask you to get it out of me?" Azazel's eyes turned to slits as she glared at Adélard. He laughed and Azazel only frowned deeper. "Azazel, you should know, I don't even attend his stupid meetings anymore. I am actually awaiting a ass whooping from Nott very soon." He said and Azazel's frown dropped and she sighed.

"Adélard. I don't trust anyone with this matter. It's serious. Very very serious." She whispered, making sure no one was listening to them as they sat beside eachother in the common room. "You don't have to tell if you don't want to." He said and relaxed against the couch.

"It's not that I don't want to. The more poeple know, the more dangerous it is." She said and leaned back into the couch. "Then don't tell." He said, his voice nonchalant and eyes closed. Azazel analysed him and sighed.