Chapter 2

This is my first book guys! I hope you'll be able to look past any mistakes. Pardon if there are any grammar errors!

ADÉLARD AVERY : THE SOCIALITE

Azazel entered her dorm to see all her belongings and her new uniform already there

Azazel entered her dorm to see all her belongings and her new uniform already there. She trudged towards her bed and fell on it with arms spread wide and sighed with content in being able to sleep in a proper bed after a long time. She heard the door being opened and glanced up to see who it was. "Hello there. The name's Valerie Parkinson" She said with a tired smile and Bellum returned it "Azazel Bellum". Parkinson only gave a curt nod before digging through her luggage and pulling out her pure white night wear and entering the bathroom. "What's with the overwhelming presence of Sacred-Twenty Eight heirs." The witch mused to herself.

***

Azazel opened her eyes slowly to the sound of her roommate taking a shower, she sighed before dragging herself out of the comfort that was her bed. Valerie walked out of the bathroom dressed for the day and greeted Azazel with a smile and ushered her to get ready for their Potions class. Azazel grunted and started getting ready for the day, when the witch was done she looked at Valerie who was waiting for her and nodded as to say she was ready. Azazel took a moment to look at herself, the green and silver on her uniform looking ever so perfect on her. The two remarkably beautiful witches made their way towards their first period.
The moment Azazel entered the classroom Slughorn beamed at her and ushered her to get in. The witch cursed under her breath before masking a look of delight and walked towards her professor. "Miss Bellum, It's such a rapture to meet you! Though last time I saw you looked more lively!" The witch winced at the open insult at her appearance but only gave a humble smile "The pleasure's always mine sir." Slughorn gave a wide grin before ushering her to take a seat.
Slughorn was one of the people who knew about her. When the four founders were conflicted with the safety of Hogwarts and the Wizarding community during the 11th century, they decided there was a need for an immense force and created Azazel Bellum with their blood and powerful magic which almost killed all of them. They had frozen the witch in time and she was a force which defied nature. The slughorn family had all been professors in Hogwarts and were given the privilege of knowing the presence of such force and secret was passed on to the next generations. But secrets are meant to be out in the open one day. And it happened in the 18th century. The word spread there was a witch with all the power one could dream of and hunt for her began then. She has been running from then on, but she still wonders how the secret lasted for so long, she expected it to circulate even sooner.
As she stood herself beside Valerie Parkinson on a working table, her roommate nudged her " Now that was a interesting conversation" mused Valerie and Azazel rolled her eyes "Family friends", the witch settled on that and proceeded to open her textbook to go through the texts that she already knew. "Good Morning everyone! Welcome to a new year students! Today we'll be brewing Draught of Peace." Slughorn beamed and paced around the classroom. "You can start brewing now. Get your ingredients ready and start" instructed the professor. Azazel ambled towards the ingredients she needed and gathered them, when she reached for the Syrup of Hellebore another hand reached to it at the same time. Bellum looked up at the person to find Tom Riddle looking back at her, he immediately pulled his hand away and gestured for her to take it, "You can take that". Azazel blinked at him, her words caught in her throat, she managed to mutter a thankyou and walked back to her table. The witch never found it hard to interact with someone, it came naturally to her, one would think they've known the witch for all their life even though they only met her. But for some unknown reason it was not the case with Riddle. The witch was not a kid to be mindlessly smitten over a handsome boy, no. It was the darkness that swirled Tom Riddle, she could see it, consuming him from the inside out and it terrified the witch and he embraced it with open arms. Ofcourse over her long life she had practiced dark magic and known every nook and corner of it as much as she knew about martial magic. She had taken it upon herself to master a few spells that they were a part of her soul now. She had always felt the way power pulsed through her being when she practiced dark arts, but she never succumbed to it completely, atleast that's what she believed. But her change in character and behaviour says otherwise, over the years Azazel Bellum became wicked, cruel, merciless, feeling no remorse when she took another life, the need for blood striving her, she liked to call it self-preserving and a defence mechanism.