Chapter Six: Namjoon

Start from the beginning

"Just the way she interacts with you," Taehyung notes. "It's not the same as how she interacts with me, or Hobi. Like, she banters and bickers with us all the time and teases us too. Even Namjoon... But with you it's kind of different. She does the same things, but I can tell she's holding back."

Really? I never noticed that.

"Why are you so quiet?" Taehyung notices.

"Hm? Me?" I clear my throat, grabbing a beer from the table.

"Yeah, you. Are you jealous that Jungkookie used to have a crush on your girlfriend?" Taehyung laughs.

"Hyung, it was a long, long time ago," Jungkook adds. "I would never try anything now. We're friends and that's it."

Internally, I chuckle because only I know the truth. "Jungkook, it's fine. I know you wouldn't." I give him a smile, trying to reassure him that everything is fine.

"Thanks, hyung," he tells me.

---

"O-oh, hi hyung," I greet, nervously, as I open my door. "What brings you over? You don't normally come over." I don't know why I ask him this, I know exactly why he's here. He knows.

His eyes, narrow in at me, and he says, "Well, I heard something interesting from Hoseok and so I wanted to come and check myself."

"Ah," I nod. "You know, let me just-"

"You're finally dating my sister, huh? Why? For what reason? You've known each other for ten years and I have never seen anything remotely romantic between the two of you." Yoongi steps forward and I take one step back. He's not the tallest, but like his younger sister, he is intimidating.

Both the Min siblings have this strong personality of not being fucked with. Like, you fuck with them, they fuck with you right back. Though, Chae-rin is more relaxed compared to her brother. They both have quick mouths and are quick-witted. I think it has to do with the fact that their dad is from Daegu.

"Yes, Chae-rin and I are dating," I tell him.

Yoongi presses his lips into a thin line and he brushes by me to my living room. "Are you using her to get back at your ex?" He pivots, just like his sister does all the time. "You better-"

"I would never, hyung! Chae-rin is very important to me. I would never hurt her like that!" I am slightly offended that the thought even crossed his mind. "You know I would never do anything like that!"

"It's just so abrupt," Yoongi comments. "Like I said, I've never seen anything close to romance between you and my sister."

"We just figured that we've known each other for this long and well, why not try it?" I shrug, offering him some water. "We were going to tell you together...but I guess Hoseok beat me to it." I sit down next to him. "Should I let your sister know you are here?"

"No, don't bother. I already texted her that I was coming here," he says casually. "So, what is it that you like about my sister? For ten years you've known her and never showed an ounce of interest."

"Hyung, why is it so hard for you to believe?" I laugh, nervously.

"Because you just got out of a two-year relationship and you sure moved on quickly," he quips back. "I want to make sure you're not using my sister to get over your last girlfriend. Chae-rin has always been too nice for her own good. She-"

"Oppa!" Chae-rin runs through my front door, panting as she tries to catch her breath.

Both Yoongi and I stare at her, shocked at how quickly she sprinted inside my place. Her hair is down, but it's stuck to her forehead, she's wearing a green jacket and yoga pants. She must've been afraid of what Yoongi would say or maybe do to me.

"Ah, just in time," Yoongi grins. "Come sit. Let's talk."

She stands up tall, takes a deep breath and then takes a seat right in between me and her brother, prompting me to scoot over. "Oppa, why are you here? What did you say?"

"I just wanted to congratulate Namjoon, that's all," he replies nonchalantly.

"That's weird," she says back. "I know you. There's something else."

"I also wanted to make sure Namjoon isn't using to get over his ex," he mentions lazily. "Obviously, his last relationship was serious. He was with her for two years, Chae-rin. I don't want him using you as a rebound to-"

"He would never do that," she cuts her brother off. "Namjoon and I are best friends also! He would never do that to me."

Yoongi is quiet for a few seconds and then he nods. "Okay, fine. I don't believe that Namjoon could hurt you like that either. I just want to make sure Namjoon knows that if there is a slight possibility of him hurting you for his ex, he's dead meat." His eyes are focused on me even though he's talking to his sister. "Got it?"

"Yes," I nod.

As if he didn't just threaten me, he stands up and stretches. "Let's get something to eat. I'm starving." He lets out a yawn and lazily walks to the front door.

Chae-rin rolls her eyes and glances my way. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," I chuckle. "He wouldn't really hurt me."

She doesn't say anything to that. Instead, she says, "Oppa, where do you want to go eat?" She stands up and makes her way to her brother. "Did you want to come too, Joon?"

"You still call him Joon even after he's your boyfriend?" Yoongi's skepticism could not be more evident on his face.

"Oppa, you know I don't like pet names and things like that," she shoots back. "You don't call your girlfriend baby."

Yoongi rolls his eyes but continues out the door. "Of course, your boyfriend is coming to lunch. Why wouldn't he?" Then he disappears out the door.

Her eyes quickly dart to mine and she rushes back over to me. "I'm so sorry, Joon. I don't know why my brother is acting like that. He's never had a problem with you, ever!"

I chuckle and shake my head. "I'm fine. He's never had a problem with me because we've never dated before."

"Fake dating," she whispers.

"Either way, it's very real to everyone else," I tell her, grabbing my wallet from my kitchen counter. "Come on. We better go down or else your brother really will beat me up."

She nods and follows my lead as we make our way down to where the cars are at. Yoongi is already standing by his car and has his arms crossed over his chest, a slight frown already present. He's not the most cheerful person, but he normally doesn't have a frown with me. He really doesn't like the idea of his sister and I dating... 

---

Author's Note:

It's a filler chapter... Also, I am STRUGGLING with the format of Wattpad! On the regular computer browser, everything looks fine... but when I look at it on the app, ALL MY SPACING IS JACKED UP. What the heck!??!?! So, I'm hoping THIS chapter looks fine. 

Anyway, to apologize for the horrible formatting in the previous posts, enjoy this pic of our main character guy

Anyway, to apologize for the horrible formatting in the previous posts, enjoy this pic of our main character guy. SO HANDSOME!!!