Prologue

Kan couldn't help but smile after receiving a phone call from a man who introduced himself as a member of the production team for a certain TV series. He had just attended an audition not too long ago, and the excitement in his heart was unlike anything he had ever felt before. His heart raced, and he breathed rapidly, struggling to contain his excitement. One part of him wanted to scream in joy, but he was afraid the person on the other end of the line might get startled. He tried to compose himself and engaged in a conversation to inquire about the details of what he would need to do next. Kan's face and eyes were glued to the phone as he listened intently. Finally, when the other person finished speaking, Kan's face relaxed, and he hung up the call.

"Yes!!! I did it!" Kan exclaimed, jumping up and down with exhilaration.

"Kan, what's going on?" Kim, Kan's close friend since high school, rushed into the room, startled by the loud commotion. It had disrupted her peaceful TV-watching session, causing her to jump from her cozy spot on the couch.

"I passed the audition!" Kan declared it with a joyful face.

"Really?" Kim asked, surprised.

"Yeah, I just got off the phone with them."

"Wow!!! I'm so happy for you, Kan. You're going to be a star!" Kim shouted and embraced Kan tightly. Both of them hugged each other with excitement.

"They've scheduled a workshop," Kan explained.

"Wow, I can feel your excitement," Kim said, still hugging Kan.

"Yeah, but I need to note down what they said about what I should prepare for the workshop."

Kim let go of Kan and got ready to take notes as Kan continued, "They want two 6x4 inch clear photos of me dressed in my own style, but it should be an outfit that's easy to move in, nothing too formal. And they also want us to showcase any special talents or something that represents us."

"Why?" Kim inquired.

"They want to see each of us as we truly are," Kan replied.

"I see... So, what do you plan to showcase?" Kim asked curiously.

"Singing and dancing, maybe," Kan answered.

"But you don't speak Korean, Kan. Can you sing in Korean?"

"Well, I guess I'll just have to sing in Korean," Kan said with determination.

"Alright, that's everything, then?" Kim asked.

"That's it. That's what they told me," Kan confirmed.

"Great! So, the only thing left is to prepare yourself mentally," Kim advised.

"Yeah, I'll be ready. I'm just waiting for them to confirm the date and time," Kan said.

Kan and Kim looked at each other, their eyes sparkling with visible happiness, before they embraced each other once again, filled with joy. They both knew that this was Kan's big dream, one he had held since his elementary school days. Their long-standing friendship allowed Kim to share in Kan's excitement and happiness wholeheartedly.

For Kan, the first step into the entertainment industry had finally begun, even though he had no idea of the challenges that lay ahead. He had heard that the entertainment industry was like a mirage—a place where everything seemed beautiful on the surface, even though beneath it lay a world filled with complexities and illusions. Yet Kan remained undeterred and determined to chase his dreams tirelessly, despite not fitting the conventional standards of beauty. He knew he would have to use both his physical and mental strength to develop his abilities and outward appearance.

In the end, that day had arrived. As the ancient proverb said, "Success is where effort meets opportunity." Kan had passed the audition and become a part of the cast of a new LGBTQ+ series project. Even though he might be just a supporting actor, he felt immense happiness and fulfillment because he had achieved a dream he had nurtured since childhood. Whether the series would become a hit or not was unpredictable, and Kan was ready to accept whatever fate had in store for him.

Today, Kan's sky opened up, making his world brighter and more vibrant. He was prepared to give his all to pursue the dream he had cherished for so long, regardless of the challenges he might face. He understood that the outcome of the series was uncertain, and he was ready to embrace it as an experience, whether it brought fame or not.

Kan's world was full of possibilities now, and he was determined to reach the end of the road towards his dream. However, he had no idea about the darker side of the entertainment industry, filled with secrets he had never encountered before. Additionally, he would soon learn that genuine friendships were harder to find than rivals, and everyone was willing to step on each other to climb higher.

"Keep going, Kan Karan Atiwanphaisarn,"he told himself, ready to face the unknown journey ahead in the unpredictableworld of showbiz.